July 2016 Server Failure

Important stuff goes here.
blast
General
General

July 2016 Server Failure

Post by blast »

There was a hardware failure with the old server that ran the main site, forums, wiki, server list, etc. I'm on a new server now, but I had to roll the system back to the 18th as that was the last successful backup, so there will be some minimal data loss.

On Friday the 15th, I noticed the server was performing really poorly, so I started to investigate. I was watching iostat numbers and the second hard drive was showing high wait times for reads and writes. There were also some errors about that drive in the kernel logs. I think that drive ended up falling off the RAID array on the 17th. But then the other drive started showing high wait times and the same kinds of errors in the kernel log. So, either both drives started to fail at the same time, or there was something deeper in the system failing (power supply, motherboard, SATA backplane, etc).

If anyone notices anything wrong now that I've migrated stuff, let me know.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mike_Hockurtz
Private
Private

Re: July 2016 Server Failure

Post by Mike_Hockurtz »

Links to downloads are dead: binary and source.

First noticed 22JUL16 1000 CDT, still an issue 22JUL16 1454 CDT
blast
General
General

Re: July 2016 Server Failure

Post by blast »

Whoops, forgot to copy over the downloads. That should be fixed now. Thanks!
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)