Language Translators Wanted

Important stuff goes here.
blast
General
General

Re: Language Translators Wanted

Post by blast »

There is a Japanese translation that has been done and will be part of BZFlag 3.0.0 when released. If you want to test/verify it, you are free to do so. What operating system do you run? There may already be a built version of 2.99.x that includes it. Or, if you're on Windows, I could run a build when I get home.

(Note that a Japanese translation isn't possible for 2.0.x because it does not support Unicode. Our bleeding edge development code, which is incompatible with 2.0.x, features a new font system and other enhancements that make it possible to use Unicode)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

seninleyim
Private
Private

Post by seninleyim »

I'm working on a Turkish translation.

I was thinking of writing an Arabic one, too, but would BZFlag support right-to-left text?
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

all it takes is a left-right encoding of it.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
gusvano
Private
Private

Post by gusvano »

i like the klingon best XD
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

I can translate
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Translate into what?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

I 'm able to translate into danish, although it's not my mother tongue.
Dudemaster
Private
Private

Post by Dudemaster »

I'd be glad to translate BZFlag to Hellenic (or "Greek as idiots call it), how do I get started?!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

blast wrote:I threw some information together that should help you get started:
http://my.bzflag.org/w/Translation
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Dudemaster
Private
Private

Post by Dudemaster »

I'm back, and very angry! :x :evil: :x

I've been trying to commit for a while, but the nature of your SVN requires it to go through a moderator. Obviously, the moderator is not going to be fluent in the language :doh: , and will most likey reject it! I've been waiting for a couploe of days now, but I've noticed ticket activity is all too regular...

Anyways, the translation is ~25% complete,with very few fuzzy translations :) , but I'd still ike to commit now as my computer is very prone to crashes and errors. I've already had to format the hard drive 3 times this year due to random errors alone :( , and once more due to attempting to install a copy of Linux over Windows (no partition) :shock:. I have, by the way, "added" the file through TortoiseSVN, and I suppose it's showing up on the mods' radars.

Could I send the (semi-)translated file to a mod so they could "approve" it and let it be in the "trunk", or whatever you call it?

Thanks,

:arrow: DM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Adding it to your local copy of the repo won't do anything that we can see, since it would only show up if the file was commit.

Anyways, we have a patch tracker on SourceForge. It should be posted there.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=303248