Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

The board

Post by JeffM »

Yes it was down.
Yes it's back.
No we didn't move it.
Yes we are Going to move it.

The board was down for about 2 days now due to a "Farking ISP problem" ( acutal quote, well sorta ).

Fiberchunks and I will be atempting to move the board to a new host this weekend. So there may ( more likely WILL ) be some funkyness during the transiont.

The board will be moving to a new host, but we will redirect the current URL to the new host so you won't have to remember a new domain name.

I have the new host all up and running a test copy of the database from this board ( thanks to all those on IRC who helped ). We just have to move the smileys, rank images, and avatars over, then do another export and then we should be able to swich.

More then likely we will also be doing an upgrade at the same time, so there may be little things that don't work, like clicking on the "+" to open a forum and such. please bear with us and we will get it all working.
Last edited by JeffM on Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageJeffM
Spaceman Spiff

:)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's good to see the board back up and running. :) Thanks for all of the work that you guys are doing on the board!!!!!!!!!!! :D
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

work? I think fiber just had to kick something :)

well the board will be movin tonight. The database dumps worked. I'm spending today reimplementing as many of the mods as I can in the new 2.0.4 board, then we will be doing a final db dump and move tongiht right before we change the dns over. THere may be a bit where some people see one site and another see the new one, but it shold be no more then 5 min or so ( I hope ).

There may be the loss of some new sigpicts. I got all of them last night, but if you upload one today I may not get it. Also if anyone posts to this board after I dump the db and move it, those changes won't make it to the new board, I'll see if we can lock the board somehow.

if you want to look at the new location it's at http://bzbb.bakadigital.com/
It only has data from last night, and if you change anything there it's just gonna get blown out during the dbase update.

Since we are also trying to upgrade at the same time, there may be some features that aren't there after the move ( the quicklinks, is my main thing I think I may have a problem with ). but don't fret, we will get them reimplemented as soon as we can.
ImageJeffM
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Patlabor and fiber,

No problem, thank you for your dedication to this board. :) I hope everything goes smoothly in it's future move.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
teatree
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by teatree »

You just replyed all the question that i asked you in irc :D
Its the helpfulliest you can get

Bye for now
teatree

legends may sleep ...
... but they never die!