Forum Upgraded

Important stuff goes here.
Post Reply
User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4756
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Forum Upgraded

Post by blast » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:30 pm

The forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you notice any strange issues, please sent me a PM.
Last edited by blast on Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:27 am
Location: Ottawa eh?
Contact:

Post by Winny » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:29 pm

I seem to only stay logged in for 2 visits...

I have cleared the cookies...

Lord Flasheart
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:20 pm

Post by Lord Flasheart » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:41 pm

Isn't there an RSS feed for this? I want it on my Google homepage!

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4756
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Post by blast » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:47 pm

Win Xp wrote:I seem to only stay logged in for 2 visits...

I have cleared the cookies...
I am unable to duplicate that issue. The auto login seems to be working for me in Firefox. What browser are you using that exhibits that issue, and when did that issue start?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:46 am
Location: Atl, GA
Contact:

Post by Tanner » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Lord Flasheart wrote:Isn't there an RSS feed for this? I want it on my Google homepage!
Defaultly, no there is no RSS feed, although they could install a mod, but they might not.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Image

User avatar
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1786
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:56 am
Location: California, U.S.
Contact:

Post by A Meteorite » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:55 pm

No quick reply? Or people's names made into a link for easy addressing? :(
Image
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com

User avatar
Sir Lance-A-Lot
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:49 am
Location: Amongst my Computers
Contact:

Post by Sir Lance-A-Lot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:01 am

A Meteorite wrote:No quick reply? Or people's names made into a link for easy addressing? :(
Quick reply is a mod - Whenever you upgrade the forum, you have to add the mods by hand...I'm sure they will get around to it sooner or later :wink:
Image

User avatar
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1786
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:56 am
Location: California, U.S.
Contact:

Post by A Meteorite » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:02 am

Sir Lance-A-Lot wrote:
A Meteorite wrote:No quick reply? Or people's names made into a link for easy addressing? :(
Quick reply is a mod - Whenever you upgrade the forum, you have to add the mods by hand...I'm sure they will get around to it sooner or later :wink:
Yeah, but I was hoping they'd have all the mods ready to go before pushing an upgrade. ;)
Image
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com

User avatar
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything
Posts: 724
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:15 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by L4m3r » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:22 am

A Meteorite wrote:Yeah, but I was hoping they'd have all the mods ready to go before pushing an upgrade. ;)
That was the intent, but it's gotten so bad with spammers and such that just getting it upgraded became more important. Give it time, and it will be done.

Good work, Blast. :)

EDIT: Yay, "first new post" and page navigation work correctly! :D
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.

User avatar
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:27 am
Location: Ottawa eh?
Contact:

Post by Winny » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:08 am

blast wrote:
Win Xp wrote:I seem to only stay logged in for 2 visits...

I have cleared the cookies...
I am unable to duplicate that issue. The auto login seems to be working for me in Firefox. What browser are you using that exhibits that issue, and when did that issue start?
Im using firefox 2... :\ It started as soon as the forum was upgraded.

User avatar
Sir Lance-A-Lot
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:49 am
Location: Amongst my Computers
Contact:

Post by Sir Lance-A-Lot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:21 am

Win Xp wrote:
blast wrote:
Win Xp wrote:I seem to only stay logged in for 2 visits...

I have cleared the cookies...
I am unable to duplicate that issue. The auto login seems to be working for me in Firefox. What browser are you using that exhibits that issue, and when did that issue start?
Im using firefox 2... :\ It started as soon as the forum was upgraded.
I'm in Firefox 2 also, no problems here - it wanted my login info once, of course, on my first visit after the upgrade, but checking the "Remember Me" box did the trick here...Perhaps a modem reset would help?
Image

User avatar
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1073
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 10:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Hannibal » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:23 am

I thought that the thread I visited was locked due to the lack of a quick-reply and un-clickable names, until I saw this. Cleared things up a bit.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage

User avatar
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:50 am
Location: Upstate, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by bzflaginator » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:11 am

ahh yes the lack of quick reply is a bit irritating. Anyways, Win I too ran into the problem. Im using Firefox 2 as well and it seems they must have upgraded on your last login and it reset everything for you so dont worry, it hopefully wont be like that forever :wink:
Image
Image
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
Image
Image

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4756
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Post by blast » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:49 am

Quick reply is fixed now. I missed the part that updated the SQL for the new quick reply mod. It has more options in the Profile page that lets you configure the quick reply box.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: On the time-space continuum

Post by GMMan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 pm

I notice something... When I hover into the box for a forum it lightens a little bit, but then if I click in the box but not the link, nothing happens. Before the upgrade, if I click in the box, I was taken directly to that forum, no matter if I'm clicking the box or the link. I think that might be a mod that someone forgot, and I really would like it back.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.

User avatar
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 5182
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:11 am
Location: https://github.com/OmniTanks
Contact:

Post by JeffM » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:01 pm

that was removed for a reason. It screws up some browsers.

Post Reply