What is Ducati to begin with?

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.
XndrK
Private First Class
Private First Class

What is Ducati to begin with?

Post by XndrK »

I'm new to this.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: What is Ducati to begin with?

Post by Zehra »

Hi XndrK,

Ducati is a 2-shot, no-jump, randomly generated map.
This was a map used by the now defunct Ducati League.
This map is currently hosted by Pie Lovers and has an active community with it.
If it's a question more on tactics and how to play, feel free to ask me and I'll see if I can help.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Ducati map is one of 6-7 maps offered for timed matches (15, 20 or 30 min) in LeaguesUnited.

Log onto http://leaguesunited.org for more information.

Cheers to you and a very warm welcome to the league!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Bertman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bertman »

Leagues United is the only place where you can play Ducati in a true league-style environment. The league resulted in a merger of the old Ducati and GU Leagues. If you are interested in playing in a fun and competitive environement, contact Indy, Shuist, or Kierra, and they can help in getting you on the spawn list. If you find you like this style of play, perhaps you could even join a team within the league and compete with other teams! Leagues United also offers other styles of play with non-jumping as well as jumping maps. Consider joining us!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The nice part with Pie Lovers is there is no need to join a team to play or match as all matches are fun ones.
It's clean and simple fun which is what players enjoy.

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Zehra wrote:The nice part with Pie Lovers is there is no need to join a team to play or match as all matches are fun ones.
It's clean and simple fun which is what players enjoy.-Zehra
zehra's comment is misleading. There is absolutely no requirement to join a team in LU. Most matches are fun matches on a variety of maps, both jumping and non jumping.

While official matches are an option for those who choose to be in a team, it is NOT a requirement for LU as we encourage fun matches as well. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.

You are more than welcome to check us out. See for yourself :)
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

Peace, peace :)... As a brief summary, to play Ducati style, you have, nowadays, 2 options:

A) Leagues United: leagues environment (http://www.leaguesunited.org for more info).
B) Pie Lovers: if you are hungry... ehmm, no... non-leagues environment.

In both cases, one has to be registered (on forums) at start. Then, registering in each Spawn List to play. (A player can join their servers w/o being registered, though; just to have a look.)
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

It's pretty impolite to say someone's comment is misleading, but I'm nice and will only point out a few things.
Some things are comparing apples to oranges like in the case of Pie Lovers and leagues united.

Now what is almost implied is that both Pie Lovers and leagues united are both leagues, which is not the case and in fact untrue.
Pie Lovers is designed for the players in mind and provides fun matches and a much more relaxed and friendly atmosphere than leagues united.
Pie Lovers is also much more focused on the enjoyment of the game which results in a much nicer and enjoyable match.
There's also no need to worry about official matches or joining a team whose rank only applies to within a league.
So it's really a question of wanting to enjoy the game or competing for a rank :D

-Zehra

EDIT
Clarified wording to avoid implying
Last edited by Zehra on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Well, your comment was misleading. "The nice part with Pie Lovers is there is no need to join a team to play or match as all matches are fun ones." You were contrasting it to LU, implying that you have to join a team to play, which is untrue, thus misleading. And nowhere did kierra imply that Pie is a league, so I have no idea where you're getting that from. Perhaps you should stop spewing nonsense?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Shuist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Shuist »

Zehra wrote:It's pretty impolite to say someone's comment is misleading, but I'm nice and will only point out a few things.
Sorry Zehra, I think I will have to disagree. Saying something is misleading is not a personal attack, it is merely saying that it is incorrect, or giving off the wrong impression.

Both are different servers that both happen to host ducati. They will both have nice and enjoyable matches. They can also both be relaxed and have friendly atmospheres.
That said, this is also not the place for either 'side' to argue about Pie Lovers or Leagues United.