Ducati "Riker Cup"?

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.
Starski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ducati "Riker Cup"?

Post by Starski »

we'll i was thinking about it and its a really good idea me and some players were talking about it seeing what we could do as for now please give me some thoughts/ideas abotu what you think.
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"
-Gandhi

FKA Danji

Bad Company -> http://www.guleague.org/Teams/?profile=1001
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ducati "Riker Cup"?

Post by Bambino »

Tim Riker made the HiX map, and the HiX map is made for the GU league...soo..yea..
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I think it's more about honoring the maintainer rather then the map. also I don't believe HiX was made FOR GU, they just happened to use it. HiX has been in the source tree for a long time.
ImageJeffM
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Uh, your idea is to have a 10vs10 RikerCup tournament for the ducati league? A couple problems would come to mind: No consistent map, people couldn't prepare for it in advance, tactics and so on. And is ducati that active enough for such an event yet? The GU RikerCup took A LOT of planning.. I don't think you can just say "ducati rikercup", you'd have to think out something completely different if you wanted to start a tournament. Didn't you just have a great idea for another tournament in the gu league? ... Maybe stick to one and work it out before you go proposing one tournament after the other.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

dexter wrote:No consistent map, people couldn't prepare for it in advance, tactics and so on.
Part of the fun. It's no different to how the league is played now.
I assume this "Ducati Style Riker Cup" will be no different to a normal match. Only, more players and more deaths. :)
dexter wrote:And is ducati that active enough for such an event yet?
This could be used to attract more players and rekindle the fun some of the older, once active, players had.
Then again, this might work well, and have no effect on the league. Or even not work at all. Who knows.

This could definetely use more planning, Guard. :)
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Carnage »

I am all for the idea, but a few questions problems i see.

many players dont like to open or to crowded buildings, not everyone is the same but if you wanna be fair at a pre determined time have a superkill that will randomly make the next map and stick with it no matter what.

second 10v10 might be to crowded for some i think quol or pimpi have a bigger map set up on a public server if you wanna have a little bigger map so its more suited for 10v10 i think that be fine or just everything the same is cool too.

another idea have 5v5 for 15 mins, then have another 5v5 and add up score-less crowded and it wont be that hard to do.

besides that i think its a great idea if you need help, lemme know i love the idea :)

btw. you might have to talk to pimpi and quol to get more player slots.
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by quantum dot »

Carnage wrote: besides that i think its a great idea if you need help, lemme know i love the idea :)
:oops:
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Carnage »

quantum dot wrote:
Carnage wrote: besides that i think its a great idea if you need help, lemme know i love the idea :)
:oops:

heh i always knew how to make you blush :P
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Sounds great. I've been needing to get back into the ducati league and this has my interest.
10vs10 is fine with me, any map. Mwahaha. >:-E