Ducati Cup?

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ducati Cup?

Post by Snake12534 »

Tankers, there has been so many cups for the GU League. The silly cup, rikers cup, HiX doubles, just to name a few. Ducati only gets few events a year. ChesVal and the monthly big FM are the two I can only recall. I propose there should be a Duc Trix cup for the ducati league. In this tournament, you will be partnered with two teammates and possibly a substitute to go along with your team. You will then match other teams of this layout. Another important feature will be that players who register for the cup will be randomized in teams of three. It will be an almost replica of the HiX Doubles Tournament but with three players, randomized teams, and ducati style. Tell me what you think in the comments if this event could have a chance of being executed.
retired
jh^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ducati Cup?

Post by jh^ »

So since you proposed ducati cup and 1vs1 contest, feel free to organize both of them :P.
leviathan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by leviathan »

I am always up for any kind of tournament/cup. Post infos and details here and spread the word in-game and I will come.
Any organizers of such events have my full respect.
There were almost 60 league players online during the recent Rikers cup, a lot of talking and even a live broadcast. Cups are definitely a good thing for the community, especially when it gets harder and harder to just come online at any time and have a good FM/offi.

Best, levi
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The HiX Doubles code could be easily adapted for a Ducati event with teams of any size. Randomized teams would require that the code be adapted but it would not take much work. If someone wants to organize such an event, I would be happy to contribute the code and effort.
osta
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by osta »

we plan to do some ducati events soon :)

So, first, on September 7th (Sunday) there will be LTS
Few weeks later we will start another 1vs1 contest on ducati style maps.
And yes, we're thinking about ducati doubles (or triples, which could be even more fun!) in few months, but exact date depends on the potential availability of all the players and also shouldn't overlap other events like ChesVal Cup, Rikers and hix doubles.