Cap Limit - Please Vote

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.

Cap Limit

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 33

sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

I edited my statment above, it was for the case of cap-limit.
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by goblin »

leviathan wrote:does a soccer team that runs e.g. 0:3 behind give up?
Maybe.

They might not give up officially, but mentally.
Tank you!
Spices
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spices »

Eh... I don't think there should be a cap limit. Think about it if ther is a teeam that is strong enough to get 10 or more points in fifteen or thirty minutes then the other team then they deserve to have that show on their team page that they are good enough to beat a team 15-6. If the other team does not believe that they can come back against their opponent then they should just forefit the match.
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by goblin »

spice wrote: Think about it if ther is a teeam that is strong enough to get 10 or more points in fifteen or thirty minutes then the other team then they deserve to have that show on their team page that they are good enough to beat a team 15-6.
With the implementation of 15 minute matches, we now have to report match times as well as the result. So instead of showing of that they won 15-6 in a 30 minute game, they could be showing of with a 10-4 victory in just 20 minutes.
Tank you!
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

How about just making it clear that the losing team can give up? Sort of like resigning in chess. You can tell that the inevitable is about to happen, so you acknowledge defeat, and play another game. It would, of course, be optional. Seems a lot simpler than either remembering the cap limit rule, or coding a built in scoring system.

OTOH, I don't have that strong an opinion here. Can't say that a cap limit would ruin the league or anything.