BZSoccer Tournament

Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

whodaman? wrote:Glad to see so many sign-ups. Ugh, more work for me :P...
See you guys out there!

~whoda
Haha, it'll mean more work for all of us. Sig - sign me up for any team (as a sub). I don't know if I can be at the tourney, but I will try. :P
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

ducktape, you will join Albino Blacksheep on team E, and SkaterGOD/DOOD23 will be a sub for team B.

Registering for the tournament ends tomorrow!
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

I'm slightly unsure about the scheduling...we're meant to collaborate to find out when all of our team members can be online, and then find out when the other team can be online, and then post it on the twilight forums, correct?
Join MI6!
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Yes, or you can end up just going on the tournament server, and seeing if the correct players appear. You can also use http://my.bzflag.org to find the correct players.
Joe Mama
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe Mama »

Please add me. Any team is OK.
If you don't know the answers to life's questions, guess.
Don't follow your dreams. Chase them.

Me pwning you is the way it was meant to be...
Fusilier
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Fusilier »

I'll join team d as a substitute.
Last edited by Fusilier on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

I have added both *shadow* and Joe Mama to E, Joe Mama being a sub. You're also starting a new team on F. If you wish for a different arrangement, please see me. If you do not get a full team by tonight, you'll just have to be a sub.

Also, if a Team F forms, then Team E will vs. Team F instead of versing Team E.
Fusilier
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Fusilier »

I think you may have missed my post above because we posted at more or less the same time. I'd like to join F or team d as a sub if F doesn't fill out.
Go Manchester United
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

a team

Post by silver surfer »

sign me up plz
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

blue team plz=)
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

OK silver surfer, you will be on Team F completing Team F. Therefore, before December 12th,2007 all matches will be played.

Team A vs. Team B
Team C vs. Team D
Team E vs. Team F

If anyone else would like to play, please recruit a team before signing up so we don't have to worry. Also got some sub spots left.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

Sig, you added Fusilier to 2 teams... Team D and Team F.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

He can be in two teams at once as long as he's only a sub for one of the teams.
Join MI6!
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Hey all. If you need to know who is online at anytime, you can click the image below, and it'll give you the list of players on this tournament that are currently online from any BZFlag server. From there you can figure out how to sort tournaments and talk about when they'll happen.

ashleypogi13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sub

Post by ashleypogi13 »

I wanna be the sub for the last team. Lol
Watch Out! The Genocide King is Coming!
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

That officially ends the sign-ups! Thanks for everyone that supported this tournament this year! Hope to see some great games going on and hope everyone stays active throughout the event.

Still have to finish all three games by December 12, 2007. I know it's hard to meet, but just get on the server often and play there for awhile and see if you can group up the teams.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

(Sorry for the double post btw, but this'll help players and is important for the tournament) OK, so today we grouped up almost enough players for a game, and then everyone started leaving, losing interest in waiting for the grouping of players, so we've decided to set up an actual schedule.

I'll start by placing a default schedule, then you may post if you will not be able to attend. I will then try to place it one day later and see if that works. If it still doesn't, I may then ask for you to recommend a time. Again, this is to help give every single player here the chance to know exactly when they're doing it so they can plan ahead.

The times I will give are in Pacific time, without including Daylight Savings Time. From there, you can adjust accordingly. (It's GMT -6 if you need it that way.)

So, here goes the default schedule:

Team A vs. Team B: 12/7/07 (Fri) - 5:00 PM PST
Team C vs. Team D: 12/6/07 (Thur) - 5:00 PM PST
Team E vs. Team F: 12/8/07 (Sat) - 5:00 PM PST

Mountain players: 6:00 PM
Central players: 7:00 PM
Eastern players: 8:00 PM

If you have any problems with the current schedule, again please feel free to post a time when you'll be free. (Hopefully, we just need to change the date and not the time.)
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sweet

Post by Gabriel G »

Most European players (probably German): You will be playing at 11:00 P.M. which kind of disrupts the flow but, if you can make it. :P By the way I would like to remind everybody that a lot of (accidental I hope) tks occur on this map.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:By the way I would like to remind everybody that a lot of (accidental I hope) tks occur on this map.
With only 6 players, it's hard to tk (unless intentional). I've trained my teammates to not tk, so we're good. :wink:
Flag Alert!!!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Flag Alert!!! »

So many posts..... took me forever to go all the way down. Just was here and checked out the teams. This turned out well, Sig.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Training?

Post by Gabriel G »

Bah, training? I don't need training, meh.

Anyway, all my teammates are smart enough to not tk :D.

SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

About 30 minutes until Team C vs. Team D match. Hopefully we have enough players showing up.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Great game today! Team C took on Team D and practically eliminated them. It was only a 2vs2 match though because not enough players came on time, and then later on, we had the full teams for both!

We ended up finishing our match with Team C: 15 caps, Team D: 2 caps. Thanks for playing!

Try to come on time Team A and Team B tomorrow so we can have a smooth match going! Remember, it starts at 5:00 PM PST.

6:00 PM MST
7:00 PM CST
8:00 PM EST

Also, you can see the scoreboard I have created in the first post.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Can't make it to tournament.

Post by Gabriel G »

Sorry the tourneys a bit... umm... in the way. I forgot I had to go somewhere at 6:30 P.M. today. So I can't come, sorry Team B!

SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

So, last time we met Team A and B, they started their match and stopped at 4-2 with 15 minutes on the clock. Then we had to delay it until today, when their official match will continue.

Today, Team A struggled to hold their lead, but Team B caught up and took the lead with 6-5! But then, Team A had an opening and tied it. As it came down to 1 minute, MagicianMan gracefully captured one more at 1:12 to make it 7-6 with A leading! It all came down to this. F687/s grabbed the flag and started down. Got halfway across A's side before being foiled in which Team A started back down the field. The game ended with a score of 7-6 with A winning!

Very close! Congratulations to all and hope to see you probably next week!

We once again had to do a 2vs2 (Maybe most of our matches will be 2vs2) because we couldn't wait much longer. Again, we had mostly full teams show up, but not enough.

Tomorrow's the last match for Round 1. Team E vs. Team F verses tomorrow at 5:00 PM PST!

That'll be 6:00 PM MST
7:00 PM CST
and 8:00 PM EST

I am starting up the next schedule. It seems the "schedule" thing helps players get a general idea of when they get on, so we'll keep it. Hope to see you all real soon!

Eliminations will also begin after 5 matches have been made immediately, so don't think you failed yet. :)