Timed Game Counter Skips Time

happyhad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Timed Game Counter Skips Time

Post by happyhad »

We have a game at work each lunch. It is a timed game. It is running on a Windows box.
I noticed that the game would end much earlier than expected. 45 minute game would end in 35 minutes.
I check my math and the -time value was correct.

So I kicked off a game and watched the count down timer. I noticed that it would skip about 10 seconds in each minute.
It would go from :51 :50 :39. It seemd to do it at the 40th second block and the :10th block.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
blast
General
General

Re: Timed Game Counter Skips Time

Post by blast »

That's definitely a weird one. That happens here as well. Not exactly sure what's going on or how big of an impact beyond just the countdown timer this has. If time keeping in the game server on Windows is screwed up that could possibly explain why running bzfs on Windows has never been a great experience. I will have to look into this in more detail.

For now, if you're able, run the game server (bzfs) on either Linux, OSX, or some BSD.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

happyhad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Timed Game Counter Skips Time

Post by happyhad »

Unfortunately not an option to use a different OS. But good to know its not just me.

Thanks