file transfer terminated

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

file transfer terminated

Post by flight »

i did some searching on the forums for my question and i found it.

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9851

BUT i didn't understand it. the problem is the bzfs says File transfer terminated with error from libcurl 25 : Operation too slow. Less than 1024 bytes/sec transfered the last 10 seconds. however i can still join the server but it doesn't disply the -public "message" therefore i'm guessing it's still a LAN network. all the while i'm on the server though, that error message every ten seconds or so repreats. the guy in the post above had the same router as i do. is it possible that it's a router problem?? he said he set up a DMZ for the whole machine and that fixed it. i'm going to do that right now, (although i have no idea how, i'll figure it out :P) if there are any other solutions that you may know of please let me know.

any help would be appreciated!
thanks
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

um. i did fix the problem with the DMZ but only half way. it's now on the public server list. but when i go to it to join it says error connecting to server. it also creates a lan server located right above the titled server. on the BZFS it says

player [0] accept () from #then a ip address#
player [0] submitted reverse resolve query
player [0] removed at 2007-07-12 15:15:30: Disconnected.

and just right now as i was typing this the bzfs said

player [0] accept () from #then a different ip address#
player [0] submitted reverse resolve query
Player [0] resolved to p144.purple.fastwebserver.de
player [0] removed at 2007-07-12 15:15:30: Disconnected.

this is so weird!!!!! things keep happening. i guess someone just logged in on my server because the bzfs said so yet again. he came on then left. but i was unable to join??? this is weird.

if any one knows what is going on let me know!!

i'm a little confused about this whole server thing now. how do i take it down from the server list?
thanks
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

fwiw: those players joining and quiting quickly are probably stat sites, like my.bzflag.org for example.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

yeah they were. i got it all figured out... pretty much. as soon as i turned on DMZ i was able to run the server. the thing that you have to watch out for though is this. when you put on a public server from a computer it shows that name in the server list from your computer. BUT!!! you can't join that one! you have to join the local LAN network that you should see (probably with no title). when you launch bzfs it takes a while for it to load to the server list. once it does you go to the bz app. and you will find your servers public name and close to it should be your local LAN network name. you actually have to go in that one, not the titled server. it's really weird and that was what my whole problem was. so for any one that has the same question i just had. if it is saying things like connection to slow or what ever it was saying, it's because your ports aren't forwared. theres a 90% chance that that is what it is. you just got to get the ports forwared. then after that just make sure you log into your local network, and it should work!! if you want to know if your server is up and running this is a great site.

http://zeebrothers.net/server.php

happy server publishing :D