RemovePerms

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

RemovePerms

Post by that exploding tank »

How do I utilize the removePerms permission in bzflag? For that matter, how do I use setPerms? I want to remove a single permission, but not remove that user from the whole usergroup. So, how do I do that?
OO7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by OO7 »

If I understand correctly, you want to remove certain permissions from one user, but not the whole group?
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The permission for /setgroup and /removegroup is the same one (SETGROUP I believe). I'm not sure how to remove a certain permissions on a player-to-player basis (although I've heard it can be done), but you can create another group that denies the perm, and use /setgroup to add the user to that group (effectively removing that permission) when desired.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Constitution wrote:I'm not sure how to remove a certain permissions on a player-to-player basis (although I've heard it can be done), but you can create another group that denies the perm, and use /setgroup to add the user to that group (effectively removing that permission) when desired.
Just /setgroup the particular permission with a minus sign in front of it. Ie, -say, which will remove the say permission from that user.

Group files do not have any problem with interchanging permissions and groups, so that is why this works.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

A Meteorite wrote: Just /setgroup the particular permission with a minus sign in front of it. Ie, -say, which will remove the say permission from that user.

Group files do not have any problem with interchanging permissions and groups, so that is why this works.
Just tested it, and it doesn't seem to work. /setgroup <callsign> -spawn, and I can still spawn. :?

I'll have to look it up sometime.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Constitution wrote:
A Meteorite wrote:Just /setgroup the particular permission with a minus sign in front of it. Ie, -say, which will remove the say permission from that user.

Just tested it, and it doesn't seem to work. /setgroup <callsign> -spawn, and I can still spawn. :?

I'll have to look it up sometime.
This used to work dandy for me back in 2.0.2 days. Maybe it has changed, or my mind has lost capacity (nooo!).
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com