get a player list

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
MBona
Private
Private

get a player list

Post by MBona »

hi

Is there a possibility to get a list of all players on my server? prefered in a txt file or something. I will show this info on a little webpage, to inform: is there someone playing on the server or not.

I searched already here but no result. maybe i am to stupid...

thanks.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

AAA made a PHP script that can fetch the players on any server. Should be able to get what you want by modifying one of the examples.

More Info

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

MBona
Private
Private

Post by MBona »

thx for the link.

The Problem is, we are in a LAN. There is no connection to www. So our bzflag server is private.

What i want to make is a small website, witch is on the same machine like bzfs. This website shows some infos about the local bfzserver. What map, how much player, ect.

If there is something already made like this, would be great. Otherwise i have to spend some time on it ^^
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it would be trivial to write a plug-in to list the players.
ImageJeffM
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

MBona wrote:thx for the link.

The Problem is, we are in a LAN. There is no connection to www. So our bzflag server is private.

What i want to make is a small website, witch is on the same machine like bzfs. This website shows some infos about the local bfzserver. What map, how much player, ect.

If there is something already made like this, would be great. Otherwise i have to spend some time on it ^^
AAA's PHP script should work for that.