Server warning!!!!!

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
xX-safari-Xx
Private
Private

Server warning!!!!!

Post by xX-safari-Xx »

Server warning - your lag is too high -------what to me it did make???
Since in all it deprived a little I speak on english, and itself I not can it was dismantled, since Russian himself, HELP ME PLEASE
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

It means that the time it takes for an event to happen at the server to show up on your computer and vice versa is too long. It means that if you have a high lag (> 300 milliseconds) it will look like bullets are passing through your tank when they shoot at you.

Make sure that you are not using your Internet connection for anything else, especially downloading files. If you're on a dial-up connection you will probably have problems. I don't know what kind of speeds you get through your modem in Russia, but American dial-up is pathetic. I hear that European dial-up is better and somewhat usable. Satellite connections don't work very well either. In the USA, a DSL or cable or better connection is pretty much required to play.

The other thing you can do is choose servers that are close to you. The farther you are away from the game server, the longer it takes your signal to reach it. For example, I couldn't play very well on a server in Australia, because it's on the other side of the planet from me. (in Pennsylvania, USA) You'd have better luck on Russian or European servers than you would with American servers.

If you're still having bad lag, there's not much you can do about it other than to not play on those servers. If you have a slow Internet connection, you won't be able to play at all, because the server or administrators will keep kicking you out of the game. :(

Anybody speak Russian for a better explanation?
Yojimbo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Server warning!!!!!

Post by Yojimbo »

xX-safari-Xx wrote:Server warning - your lag is too high
Lots of different reasons ...

Your network connection is too slow.

Your computer is too busy -- stop downloading, stop music

The game server is too far away -- choose a server that is faster or closer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

---- Trying Babelfish ...
Предупреждение сервера - ваше запаздывание слишком высоко

Серии различных причин…

Ваше соединение сети слишком медленно.
Ваш компьютер слишком многодельн -- остановите загружать, остановите нот
Сервер игры слишком faraway -- выберите сервера который быстре или более близко.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate
Yojimbo Sanjuro -- bodyguard for hire. Ronin admin, still missing Hepcat and Silvercat ...
xX-safari-Xx
Private
Private

Post by xX-safari-Xx »

Спасибо!