Multiple Server List entries

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Branton
Private First Class
Private First Class

Multiple Server List entries

Post by Branton »

Hi all... I have been playing around with a server for the first time since version 1.17 and have a question.

Question: I notice my server is listed twice in the server listing. Once by it's private local IP address (with no title), and once by the domain name (with title):

example:
mybzserver.gotdns.org My Server Name

My bzfs config file has:
-publicaddr mybzserver.gotdns.org:5154
-public "My server name"

I can connect from the "192.168.x.x" address, but I doubt anyone outside my firewall will be able to. The mybzserver.gotdns.org address seems to work fine.

I have had an external client connect so I know it works - presumably with the domain name version.

Any ideas why it shows up more than once. Seems kinda spam-ish
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The local one is just being locally discovered by your client. It will not show up for anyone else. You can check the list ( http://my.bzflag.org/db/?action=LIST ) if you really want to verify it.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ChMetal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChMetal »

yeah i have the same thing. it confused me for a while and i asked other people iff they see the extra server. but they denied so it ended up alright.
CH
Branton
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Branton »

That make sense... great... Thanks..