Set Command Disabled

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Propane Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Set Command Disabled

Post by Propane Tank »

I am testing out maps at home that I build. Well I am getting tired of inserting the admin password all the time, so I found a group builder online and I made a couple groups. I put the file locations of the groups in my config file, but when I try to add my self to the group, it says "group command disabled". How do I re enable them.
Here is what I am typing in the game.
/setgroup "propane tank" home.owner
And when I press enter, it says /set command disabled, but I can go /set _shotSpeed 200 and it works fine. Anyone got an idea of how to fix this?
-Propane Tank
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Set Command Disabled

Post by dango »

/setgroup does not work if you do not have a userdb. you need to specify a groupdb in order to add anyone to it.

/setgroup is seperate from /set
Propane Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Propane Tank »

I have a groupdb specified in the config. So why won't it let me add myself to the group? Can the groupsb file be a .txt file? If so, than it sould work.
-Propane Tank
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

Not a groupdb, a userdb.
Please read every word that is given to you. Details are important.
Propane Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Propane Tank »

Well, you conused me because you said userdb, then groupdb like you made a mistake and didn't realize it. So I need a userdb too? How do I make one of them?
-Propane Tank
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you're just wanting it for map testing, add permissions to the EVERYONE group and then you don't need to mess around with a userdb. Example (pulled from my BZFSLauncher/BZWTestLauncher):

Code: Select all

EVERYONE: actionMessage date endGame flagHistory flagMaster flagMod idleStats kick kill lagStats privateMessage rejoin say setVar shutdownServer spawn superKill talk
(that's all one line in the groupdb)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)