Run it on Windows

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
elfowlgirl
Private
Private

Run it on Windows

Post by elfowlgirl »

I've tried a bunch of stuff, but I just can't run a server on my Windows Vista! Can anyone help?
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Run it on Windows

Post by temporal distraction »

We need more details please! What have you tried? What errors are you getting?

Have you read the posts here about running a server?
elfowlgirl
Private
Private

Post by elfowlgirl »

I've tried the post about running a server, and I've read the page on the BZWiki.

The wiki paged worked the best for me, but when I tried to run it, it said "Box not recognized," "Box not recognised," etc.

The post on running a server, I open run and type the stuff in, and it says, "Cannot locate object."
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You'll have to be a lot less vague if you intend to get help. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

elfowlgirl wrote:I've tried the post about running a server, and I've read the page on the BZWiki.

The wiki paged worked the best for me, but when I tried to run it, it said "Box not recognized," "Box not recognised," etc.

The post on running a server, I open run and type the stuff in, and it says, "Cannot locate object."
The errors you describe have nothing to do with the server itself.
All these errors are caused by the world you are trying to load, so you may fix the errors occuring or use another map.