Help!

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
peterlinux
Private
Private

Help!

Post by peterlinux »

On my server, the shots won't kill anyone and the other people can't see your shots. Shockwave doesn't work either, but oddly, steamroller works. This has been happening for a few days now, and I can't find the problem. Please help me!!!
blast
General
General

Re: Help!

Post by blast »

The problem is likely caused by using /set too much. Try doing a /reset *
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

peterlinux wrote:On my server, the shots won't kill anyone and the other people can't see your shots. Shockwave doesn't work either, but oddly, steamroller works. This has been happening for a few days now, and I can't find the problem. Please help me!!!
I don't know why the shots don't kill anyone, maybe because the shot range is either too far or too short. Also, it might be because the shot speed is high. I have seen it happen when the shot speed was set insanely high, the shots wouldn't do anything to anyone. As for not being able to see the shot, that is most likely that the shot speed is incredibly high. Steamroller probably works because it is not a shot based flag.
"Before all else, be armed." -Niccolo Machiavelli
"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - N.M.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
"The way to win a war is to make certain it never starts." - Omar Bradley
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Certain variables reference other variables. When you change things too much, it can sometimes get messed up and then shots won't show up anymore. (Your own bullets show up, but nobody sees the bullets for anyone else)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)