How do I discern if a player cheats or no?

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
cucu
Private First Class
Private First Class

How do I discern if a player cheats or no?

Post by cucu »

Hello,

My first post here...

I did set up a bzflag server. Now... I have some problem to admin it in a correct manner...

How can I be sure that a player is cheating?

If this is not the place this topic must be placed please feel fre to move it in the correct forum.

Have a nice time.

Edit by Admin: Please do not discuss cheat accusations in public here on this board. Take it up in private or ask a more experienced administrator to look at it for you.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: How do I discern if a player cheats or no?

Post by mrapple »

The way the wiki is worded seems deceiving. It is very easy for any player to shoot shots in spreads (I do it all the time, easiest with scroll wheel as shoot).
cucu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cucu »

Well, that's a good point. Did You see the record? Is it or not a cheater? I'll try to set up the mouseweel to shoot to see how's that.

LE: Yes... You were right... I could shoot the same manner setting the wheel mouse.

For me, the subject is closed. Thank You.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

If the map has more than 6 shots some players can space out their spreads to make it seem like a never ending stream of bullets. This is done by precise timing. I have been banned for making it seem like I had MG when I didn't. Be careful :)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
cucu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cucu »

@bambino : I'm not sure I understand what You're talking about... I'll have to learn a LOT!
@Admin : Yes You're right... I did erase the example but not the link&player-nick in the message... Thank You.
I apologize the user... He does not even know about... It was not intended to harm anyone...
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Basically, he said if players time their firing right (on servers with over 6 shots), you can make it look like you have the Machine Gun flag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

cucu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cucu »

@blast : Thank You! Now I understand... It will take some time to learn all the stuff about...
I have nothing else to do, so... ;)

Have a nice time!