Problems to being admin

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
easy tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Problems to being admin

Post by easy tank »

Hello,

When I make player an admin he was not admin in game but he was in group on BZFlag Forums.
This happen me on bzworlds and allejo's servers.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Re: Problems to being admin

Post by Cobra_Fast »

What do you mean by "he was not admin"?
Didn't the @ show up? Was the player still missing permissions? ... ?

It is known that the @ needs a player change (someone leaving or joining) to show up. (Caution Technical Info: The MsgPlayerInfo is only sent when people join or leave and it contains only the information about @, +, - or no status symbol). But the player should have the permissions assigned to them.

Edit:
The database was moved to a new server with a new IP, but the DNS administrator didn't update the domain yet. This causes the server to work with outdated data. It should happen and resume normal operations within the next few weeks. (Don't forget to restart your server when it's done!)
blast
General
General

Re: Problems to being admin

Post by blast »

BZFlag 2.4.x servers don't actually require a restart once this is fixed. They only cache the IP of the list server for a maximum of 30 minutes. BZFlag 2.0.x servers, on the other hand, cache the IP forever, so they'll need to be restarted once DNS is updated.

If DNS isn't updated by Sunday, I'll sync the database manually.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)