rabbit mode and masquerade and genocide flags

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
usernox
Private First Class
Private First Class

rabbit mode and masquerade and genocide flags

Post by usernox »

Is it possible to get Masquerade and Genocide flags in rabbit mode when running a server on bzflag 2.4.2? I remember that a few years ago, we had great fun with the genocide flag in rabbit mode, but now it doesn't seem to work...
If I use -for testing purposes- something basic like ./bzfs -rabbit score +f GM, I get a guided missile flag, if I use ./bzfs -rabbit score +f G (or MQ) I get no flags at all.
Any thoughts?
blast
General
General

Re: rabbit mode and masquerade and genocide flags

Post by blast »

It seems that it is not possible to add Gencode, Color Blindness, or Masquerade flags to games "without teams", which includes rabbit chase. You would have to modify the code for the server and recompile to allow this. Specifically, you'd have to remove or modify the following code in src/bzfs/CmdLineOptions.cxx:

Code: Select all

if (!hasTeam) {
    forbidden.insert(Flags::Genocide);
    forbidden.insert(Flags::Colorblindness);
    forbidden.insert(Flags::Masquerade);
  }
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

usernox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by usernox »

Thanks! Just tried this and it's indeed working! Strange that this changed over the years. I'm 100% sure this used to work in the past; nothing more fun than killing someone while being the rabbit and holding a genocide flag :-)
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I seem to remember a server like that in the past, but I believe it was a customized server build. There were a few like that, such as Olympic where you could not get shot by anyone but yourself if you were over 50m so that you could tackle the obstacle course in relative peace.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln