Something is wrong with bzfs conf file

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Army of One
Private First Class
Private First Class

Something is wrong with bzfs conf file

Post by Army of One »

My server was running-however i changed maxidle and a couple of other setting in config file now all i am getting is bad argument errors. It tells me a number which happens to be what i changed. Now i can't even change the shot number without it telling me it a bad argument. I even tried the bzfs html file maker with same results. does anyone know what is going on and why this is happening. I will post both config files minus inportant info mainly pub key and password. If I coment all the bad arguments out nothing then loads- at a major loss here.

Thanks in advanced

Army of One
Attachments

[The extension conf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension conf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Some times you see me-some times you don't--and DESTRUCTION is only moments away
blast
General
General

Re: Something is wrong with bzfs conf file

Post by blast »

Word of advice about "+f good{45} +f bad{25}"... that does not add 45 good flags and 25 bad flags, it adds 45 of EVERY good flag and 25 of EVERY bad flag.. you're going to have hundreds of flags on the field and probably cause issues joining/playing due to the large amount of data sent for flag updates.

Anyways, assuming that 'bzfs.conf' is the one with issues, it's probably due to you forgetting a number here:

Code: Select all

# Define a threshold over which players with high lag will be announced.

-lagannounce
I would recommend that you not use the same configuration nor the configuration generator. Read the bzfs documentation and the 'bzfs -help' output and build your own config by hand, one line at a time. And test it often so you know what change broke something.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)