Server permissions

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Server permissions

Post by The Noah »

thanks!

The Noah

if I do '+ALL', will it include 'hideAdmin'?
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

GitHub · Website · Get in touch · Stalk Me
macsforme
General
General

Re: Server permissions

Post by macsforme »

Yes. "+ALL -HIDEADMIN" will exclude it, though.
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Noah »

ok. when I run BZFs with my conf, it says 'BZFs.exe has stopped working'. But when I take away 'TANKWARS.ADMIN: +ALL' from groups.txt, it works. so what's wrong?

The Noah
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Are you trying to run a public server from Windows? Because, you don't want to do that. BZFS on Windows has serious issues that make it unusable for anything beyond testing maps. Have someone with a real server (running Linux) host your map instead.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Noah »

I'm just testing it in Windows, but I will move it to a real server when its finished.

The Noah