Obtaining a key

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
SubinSiby
Private
Private

Obtaining a key

Post by SubinSiby »

Hi !
I would like to obtain a key to list my server. My server is hosted in Kerala, India so that people of my country will be able to play with less lag. Internet connections in India are poor and playing on the current listed servers gets us kicked off because of lag. So I made this server and we host games every weekend.

I saw that the page http://my.bzflag.org/listkeys/ is being worked on. Is there anyway to get a key ?

Thanks!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Obtaining a key

Post by Zehra »

Hi SubinSiby,

You might want to try contacting blast for a list key.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
SubinSiby
Private
Private

Post by SubinSiby »

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Glad to help.
If any extra help is needed/wanted, feel free to private message me or start another topic.

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mathiaz »

Hi,

I would like to obtain a public keys for my local server.
Do you need some motre information?

Thanks,
Mathias

PS: In same time i send a private message to Blast
<°)))><|
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

It depends on the server you are going to create.
Some servers will use default configurations and a /password, while others will rely on plug-ins and global groups.

If you choose to run a public server, at very least I'd suggest loading the 'SuperUser' plug-in.

Global groups tend to be a much better option though, but you will need to request for them in the Request Global Permission Groups here thread.

If you need help with specifics of running a server or advice, feel free to start another topic or to private message me.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Mathis,
Talk to Bertman on bz or send him forum pm. He has set up his servers several months ago and they run well.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

By the way, which operating system are you using Mathiaz?

If you are using Windows, there is some scripts I could provide which I've made over time.
Example:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Finding BZFlag
cd C:\Program Files\[BZFlag version]
@ECHO OFF
ECHO If everything works properly we'll likely see BZFS give a message
bzfs.exe -world "C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\MyMap.bzw"
PAUSE
Note: The script above is used on Windows and is written in the Batch scripting language.
Only differences from the one I use is that '[username]' and '[BZFlag version]' contain my username and BZFlag version.
The map name also tends to vary too. :wink:

My experience is less in Linux though, but it mostly involves the way a path to file is done.

Running a server doesn't have to be difficult, there is a few tricks and tips to it.
Usually most of the things you need to know are in the configurations of a server.
From random BZFS generated maps, to using custom worlds and map files, it mostly involves the configurations and settings of the files.
I also create custom configurations on request as well.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

This thread is quickly veering off topic. The topic was about obtaining a public hosting key, not tips for hosting a server. If they have questions about that, they can ask in a new thread.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)