Issue with Authentication Key(s)

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Issue with Authentication Key(s)

Post by trpted »

#1 At https://wiki.bzflag.org/Public_Server

it says
Authentication Key

To add your server to the list server you are first required to obtain an Authentication Key. This key links your account with being the owner of that domain, and you will have to provide that key in the Config File in order to successfully connect with the list server of 2.4.0. You can register your domain and get a key at http://my.bzflag.org/listkeys.

NOTE: Users switching from 2.0.x to 2.4.x servers will notice that the server authentication key was not an option at the time.

Code: Select all

-publickey 01234567890
#2 While i do not need an Authentication Key at this time, I see an issue.
Down for maintenance

This will be back soon-ish. I need to update it to work with PHP 7.
and it has been that way for a while.

#3 How much longer will it take to finish the maintenance?

#4 If I wanted an Authentication Key right now, who would I contact?

Please and thank you
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Issue with Authentication Key(s)

Post by Zehra »

1. For running a publicly listed and authenticated server, a list key is needed, unless hosting services are provided by someone.
2. This has been addressed in the following forum threads: Obtaining a key, Public Key for Server - Request page broken, and need server key - new server
For questions 3 and 4, contacting blast is recommended.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread