Setting Up Admin Permissions With Global Groups

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Yeah, just add/remove variables from the config file as you like. As you may have already guessed, the ones IN the file are the ones that CANNOT be modified.

If the server told you that you couldn't /poll set, that means that the server is not configured to give players the POLLSET permission (which, obviously, allows them to do a /poll set _varName value). If that's all you want, it's really easy... just omit the permission when you define the "VERIFIED" or "EVERYONE" group in your group file.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

Here is my current group file. You'll notice that I don't have poll set in verified, though I have most all of the other polls available.
However, even without poll set, people can still vote to set something. Is that because I have the single "poll" permission?

-----------------------------------

EVERYONE: ACTIONMESSAGE DATE FLAGHISTORY IDLESTATS LAGSTATS PRIVATEMESSAGE SPAWN TALK

VERIFIED: ACTIONMESSAGE DATE FLAGHISTORY IDLESTATS LAGSTATS POLL POLLBAN POLLKICK POLLKILL POLLFLAGRESET PRIVATEMESSAGE SPAWN TALK VOTE

Ck.cops: ACTIONMESSAGE ADMINMESSAGERECEIVE ADMINMESSAGESEND ANTIBAN ANTIDEREGISTER ANTIKICK ANTIKILL ANTIPOLL ANTIPOLLBAN ANTIPOLLKICK ANTIPOLLKILL BANLIST COUNTDOWN DATE FLAGHISTORY IDLESTATS INFO KICK KILL LAGSTATS LISTPERMS MUTE PLAYERLIST POLL POLLBAN POLLKICK POLLKILL POLLSET POLLFLAGRESET PRIVATEMESSAGE REJOIN SAY SENDHELP SHORTBAN SHOWOTHERS SPAWN TALK UNBAN UNMUTE VETO VIEWREPORTS VOTE

Ck.admin: ACTIONMESSAGE ADMINMESSAGERECEIVE ADMINMESSAGESEND ANTIBAN ANTIDEREGISTER ANTIKICK ANTIKILL ANTIPOLL ANTIPOLLBAN ANTIPOLLKICK ANTIPOLLKILL BAN BANLIST COUNTDOWN DATE FLAGHISTORY FLAGMASTER FLAGMOD IDLESTATS INFO KICK KILL LAGSTATS LISTPERMS MUTE PLAYERLIST POLL POLLBAN POLLKICK POLLKILL POLLSET POLLFLAGRESET PRIVATEMESSAGE RECORD REJOIN SAY SENDHELP SETALL SETVAR SHORTBAN SHOWOTHERS SPAWN TALK UNBAN UNMUTE VETO VIEWREPORTS VOTE
Geo Dude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Geo Dude »

ok thanks for the info...i didn't know there was that many commands.. hey btw,what doe VETO mean?
OpTiCaL_IlLoUsIoN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Setting Up Admin Permissions With Global Groups

Post by OpTiCaL_IlLoUsIoN »

when i made my groupdb file i put in -passwd and the a password. so i went onto my server to try it but it said wrong password. what am i doing wrong?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That's not a group file then. That's a config file.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

OpTiCaL_IlLoUsIoN wrote:when i made my groupdb file i put in -passwd and the a password. so i went onto my server to try it but it said wrong password. what am i doing wrong?
Also way to wake up a 3 year old post. If a post you are responding to is over a month old start a new thread, as this one is dead. And really, as you can see from blast's response, is not really relevant to your question anyway...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln