MoFo One Thousand Map Library Server.

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

MoFo One Thousand Map Library Server.

Post by optic delusion »

It's running at MoFo.kicks-ass.net:4040

This week the Planet MoFo team took Gnurdux's mapchange plugin, modified it's script to allow two-part conf loading, then took Sid6.7's 670 map library from here... http://www.cruzan.info/bzflag/bzflag.html ... and loaded all 670 onto one server. Soon we will add even more maps, we think we can top out around 2000 maps. This is not intended as a "playable" server, but more as a working map library. Right now our player limit is set to 50, so if you find a map you like, you can attract other players to it. If you come by, we heartily invite you to leave as many comments about the maps as you can, but please leave the map number with your comment, otherwise we have no way of which map you are talking about. I might eventually figure out a way around this.

Each map shares a generic set of settings, the one feature we need to fine tune the most is the CONFCHANGE permission, that allows registered players to change maps. I have a plugin called oneUserPerm that will grant you permission to change maps as long as you are the ONLY player on the server, but it needs some debugging right now. Soon players will be able stop by, choose the map, then get others to join.

There are helpfiles numbered "01-maplist" through "14-maplist", You can get the names of maps by using /help xx-maplist. There are fifty maps listed in each helpfile.
We will also post the map names on the internet. When that happens you will see that each CTF filename also includes which teams it requires. (thanks ATD)
Maps are numbered using this six-digit convention: abc-xxx
a - Playstyle - 1=FFA 2=CTF 3=Rabbit 4+=???
b - Library map was retrieved from - 0=sid6.7 1=RPG 2=Ducattiwannabe 3=MoFo , this will include my maps.
c - Unused as of yet. Maybe mapper name.
xxx - Library map number.

Thanks for Helping! Each of these people were completely invaluable.
Gnurdux- Plugins, this wouldnt be possible without you.
Thumper- Scripting, innumerable other stuff.
A Temporal Distraction -.bzw handling, etcetera.
Sid6.7 -.bzw Library maintenance
RPG and Ducattiwannabe, Your libraries are next.
The rest of the MoFo Team. You guys RAWK!

One other note, if you want to change maps right now, request to join the MoFo.LEAGUE usergroup, and I will grant you CONFCHANGE permission.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

We've added the permission to change the map to ALL REGISTERED PLAYERS now. So anyone can request a new map at any time.

Let us know if there are any other maps or groups of maps that could be added. We are looking to build the library even more!
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

MoFo.kicks-ass.net:4040

Another major update today. In addition to Sid6.7s huge map archive, I've added the maps from RPG's Mapatorium, Ducatiwannabe's BZFlag Page and WinXP's Maps.

There are over 1200 maps available to play on this server. The mapchange plugin allows any registered player to change maps.

In addition to the folks that Optic Delusion thanked above, CannonBallGuy's scripting help was instrumental in getting this thing to work.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

/me bows.

I can do something else instrumental too, if you like.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

if you change maps its usually no jumping, no rico, on maps that usualy have jumping and rico.
this is probally because the rico and jumping were in the config, not map, when they were hosted.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

So, submit the map numbers which require jumping and/or ricochet...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

there are over one thousand maps. I'm not gonna check them all. :|
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sid6.7 »

well done guys, quite a peice of work! brought back lots of memories
of past good times....

everyone else:

this is real TIME consuming work of which NO ONE gets paid or gets
awards drop by at least a few times to show some support.

sid6.7

P.S yes i am still alive but mainly a lurker anymore IF at all...
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Wow, I'm honored. :) Sounds really cool guys. 8) Gj, CBG, and ATD.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Nah... was mostly ATD and A-D afaik.
I just helped them split a file with 1000 confs into 1000 separate files. :)
PHP++

Merry Christmas!

Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Wow, thanks for adding my maps, guys :)

BTW: I also just realized I need a new mapping site, so the freewebs junk is gone now.

Also, I don't know how much work it would be, but maybe have a webpage set up so we can find maps easier then having to search through all 1000+ maps? (IE: A search?)
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

We'd planned on having a fancy search on a website, but got sidetracked with other stuff.

Here's the text file that I created the help files from. Obviously you can load this in any text editor that has "Find"

We've been testing the maps to find out-dated settings and other errors, so the server should be pretty stable now.
Attachments
maplist.txt
(38.88 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I was working on implementing a /mapsearch function to the map change plugin.
I had a php script set to actually search the list of maps but couldn't manage to get the plugin to call the php script and display the search results. Ultimately, I gave up.

If someone wants to give me a little guidance on this, I'd love to try to get it working.

Merry Christmas!