Freezing

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Freezing

Post by bzflaginator »

Recently my game has started freezing. In order to fix the issue I have to close and reopen bzflag or minimize. I find it odd that it does this. I also have been having issues with my pc where it just completely shuts down or restarts on its own. Sometimes I can not even turn it on without turning the power supply off for about 5 min then back on. Anywho, does anyone think the issue with BZ could be tied into the faulty power supply and is the fact my PC does this even have to do with the power supply? Any help would be great.[/b]
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

i had this problem

Post by plokijuy »

my comp need a new hard drive and the inside of the computer need to be renewed aswell.
my comp was so full of usless junk it just died
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: i had this problem

Post by Winny »

plokijuy wrote:my comp need a new hard drive and the inside of the computer need to be renewed aswell.
my comp was so full of usless junk it just died
oh datz cul but i couldn't understand what are we talking about but im not using periods or puntuation so i dunno wut were talking about ill get back on top now tho.

DZ: This used to randomly occur for me, have you installed any new components in your computer lately? Have you noticed the fans running louder?

I never "fixed it" per se, it started happening around the time I ditched the computer.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: i had this problem

Post by bzflaginator »

Win Xp wrote:DZ: This used to randomly occur for me, have you installed any new components in your computer lately? Have you noticed the fans running louder?

I never "fixed it" per se, it started happening around the time I ditched the computer.
Yes I actually have noticed the fans running very loud right at the boot and for about a minute after I log in. It didnt start happening until really when it started getting cold. I dont know if that means anything. Ill try to clean it out and fiddle with the power settings.
plasma kaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plasma kaz »

nator: this has been happening to me too lately. although, in addition to my pc restarting automatically, it turned blue and had "recovered from a serious error" once that happened to me 5 times in 1 hour X_X. although, i did fix it by uninstalling some programs that were bothering the device drivers a few hours ago :-D try doing a windows diagnostic test - search on the microsoft website.
"He that lieth down with dogs shall rise with fleas"

-Benjamin Franklin
Poor Richard's Almanac

"You want quiet? Take the next train"

-Lightning
FFXIII
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

OH! Thank you beanie! I completely forgot about the diagnostic. Heh, I had to do it once before when I lived at home because my dad installed a wireless card that was faulty and I had to find the source. Thanks :) .
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

It might also be some kind of "blinking" or something (I read that off of a server cooling book :) ). It might just be that your computer is extremely overheated or something and the computer starts to go offline randomly (again, what I'm saying is about a server in a server room). If that's the case, you've gotta replace some hardware.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

You may have hit the nail on the head. My PC does seem to "blink" in a sense. I listen to music and it does it and while running bz it does it sometimes. Sometimes the monitor goes blank for a split second and comes back. Can you send me anything you've read on this? And is this a fan-fix or a CPU fix? :?
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

Probably CPU (big bucks...). The heat might have fried bits of the components, making it somewhat unreliable. It's from a book called "Server Room Climate & Power Monitoring," page 9. The book is available in PDF at http://www.itwatchdogs.com/DataSheets/P ... 042006.pdf if you want to read more about it. And I correct myself, it's called flaking, not blinking :D .
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.