Bridges

Previews and comments on future maps.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Bridges

Post by meeba »

Yes, a basic map Im working on. Really basic, to be honest. But it should be fun nonetheless. The map is entirely over water (don't fall off). You will notice in the screenshots that it is 4-team CTF, and there are indeed walls to keep you from falling. I am not sure of whether or not I want to allow jumping. It seems like I have to have jumping in order to have flags work right. Also, the outer walls will be high enough that you can NOT shoot over them. The inside walls will be LOW, so you can't fall over them, but you can shoot over them.

What you see here is only the beginning. I will add another square of roads inside the current square, and I may also add some diagonal paths. Being that it is just TOO easy to get from one base to another, I also believe that some crazy WWs are in order.

Anyways, check the screenies, and let me know what you think, and also let me know what else you think needs to be added. 8)
Attachments
Red base + red quadrant (most of it)
Red base + red quadrant (most of it)
bzfi0019.png (316.91 KiB) Viewed 3132 times
Blue quadrant (a little higher)
Blue quadrant (a little higher)
bzfi0020.png (291.63 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Whole map from above.
Whole map from above.
bzfi0021.png (370.61 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Sweet map. It could use some Barriers Around the Middle Pyamid. might help for Rico possibleties.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Nice map TangenT, although it would be better to be more of a "skill" CTF than a flag one, as all of the open space, but i could be wrong, as i have not tested it yet ;)
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Even if you tested it you could be wrong. The Kind of CTF is differnt for all players. some mite like it like this and some mite not.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

ducktape wrote:Sweet map. It could use some Barriers Around the Middle Pyamid. might help for Rico possibleties.
Some more barriers will be going up there once I figure out what else to add there. As I said, I'm adding another loop between the middle and the outside, and there might be diagonals to get to those. I'm going to try some ideas with it and see what happens.

Right now I am adding the second ring, and in the corners, there will be little huts. Same thing with the center, there are little huts. I think jumping will be disabled.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Alright, I have gotten a lot more done on the map today. There are now some buildings put up so you can hide from shots, although there are pyramids inside, so I would advise being careful about hiding there.

The second ring is complete, and there are lots of new paths. Space for travel is still limited, however.

Still need opinions on whether I should add jumping and flags or not. Also, does anyone think I can improve it some more?

I still do want to add WWs, just haven't had a chance yet. I might add SWs under the huts, but other ideas are greatly welcomed.

EDIT: And one more thing... you can see all the current progress on the NullBZ rotation, port 5154.

nullbzflag.gotdns.com
port 5154

Please feel free to /report there, or just post back here. :)

You might also notice that there are warning WWs from above the center building. These count down from 5 seconds until a WW SW. A red shot means a center SW is coming, a green shot means SWs will be showing up on the outside somewhere. ;)
Attachments
bzfi0022.png
Looking at some huts.
(391.62 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
bzfi0023.png
New overhead view of the map.
(554.29 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Alright, here it is again. I think I'm done with world weapons, unless anyone has more ideas.

Here's ascreenie of all the WW SW''s going off at once (it doesn't happen TOO often), and then the lasers in one of the outside squares (they make a full rotation every 3 seconds).

Once again, I have it up on the NullBZ rotation, port 5154. Would be fun if I could get some help testing it.
Attachments
bzfi0022.png
Shockwaves galore.
(762.55 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

One of my earlier maps: http://www.garrettsites.net/bzmaps/inde ... tail&id=24

Your map looks much more thought out than mine though!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Yeah, I like the don't-fall-off-the-edge concept, and I will be adding "slippery when wet" spots to my map, with little or no edge protection, so you will easily fall off (aka be careful).
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

IS that a mix betwen 2.1.11 and 2.0.x?

The mountian is half old half new
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

I had switched between 2.1 and 2.0, but not for this map. The mountains have nothing to do with this map. For whatever reason there are two different mountains. Sorry for the confusion.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

did you try compiling 2.1.11? the mountians would be like that if you did but it didnt finish... lol:)
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Legolas_ wrote:did you try compiling 2.1.11? the mountians would be like that if you did but it didnt finish... lol:)
Yes, I did compile 2.1. Something just went weird. But it doesn't bother me, so why bother with it, right?
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

i like it tangent :)

But there is not many place to play...
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Alright, so after some suggestions, I have removed the world weapons.

I have also added a couple of other things. There are now blinking lights above the bases, and between the bases. They tell you to which base you are going, really.

I have changed the spawn zones in a way such that you now spawn on one of the big squares inside your corner.

Its up on the NullBZ 5154 rotation, so to see all current progress, please check there. Thank you. :)
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

You should add a barrier to the bases so they can't shoot inside, it's too easy to spawn kill, make it a non rico barrier
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Cobra »

Nice map TangenT. It would be better if you made it 2 team CTF and have one team in one of those houses on one side and the other team on the other. Than have those other houses be kinda neutral. Just a thought. Nice map though.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Red Cobra wrote:Nice map TangenT. It would be better if you made it 2 team CTF and have one team in one of those houses on one side and the other team on the other. Than have those other houses be kinda neutral. Just a thought. Nice map though.
Not hard to do, I could make a second version like that.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

it's not online ... or am I crazy?
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Sorry, they seem to have gone offline.

They are back up now. :)
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Very nice TangenT. good work! I cant wait till i finish this sentance to go play it!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

You know..I really think this map would be very nice to play without a radar. Or at least one with a small limit, maybe 2/3 to 1/4 of the size of the default radar.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Maybe without jumping either. Because theres no real jumping needed. just dodging
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Thanks, Hannibal and AHA. :)

AHA: There is no jumping. Well, jumping is _enabled_, but jump velocity is 0. I couldn't find any other way to enable flags on the boxes with jumping just flat out disabled.

Hannibal: I can experiment with the radar and see what works best.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Oh, for some reason i thought it was. I personaly think this map would be cool without radar.