Anew flag... maybe?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Fireheart
Private
Private

Anew flag... maybe?

Post by Fireheart »

i recently though of a new defensive flag( mirror flag) that could deflect lasers seeing as how theres no defense for lasers im guessing rule of thumb for new flags is if enough peole agree on the idea it will be done... i think
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Moved to Enhancements.

There is already a counterflag for laser: Cloaking. Cloaked tanks cannot be killed by a laser. ;) use that instead.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
WarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WarPig »

i think that it is a good idea! with practice it could be a very useful flag. however, i think it should only mirror the front of your tank, otherwise it would to good.
as L4m3r said - cloaking is immune to laser
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

How would it work exactly? You couldn't just bounce lasers off the tank itself. The area the tank takes up is like a circle, but if the laser just bounced off, the treads, perhaps, it would rico off the tank randomly. It would have to make the tank look like more of a box, and that could get complicated. Like they said, use cloaking.
the_j0k3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the_j0k3r »

i know it would be nice to have a flag that could rebound laser but it is unnecessary to create a flag that counters laser when laser already been balanced out with cloak
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Your saying you get a MIRROR?

like a defelecter, I think that this may be usful, in a way, but not with the current graphics in 2.0.8 would it refelct only laser or other shots as well...

And i think CL for laser is good enough, but then again, SW has no opponent.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Davy Jones wrote:SW has no opponent.
Shockwave has its own weakness- range, or lack thereof. When the radius and speed are set properly, it's pretty easy to shoot a shockwaving tank before it reaches you (provded they don't sneak up on you or anything).
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

thats to powerfull you could kill the guy by reflecting it at him. how bout a flag that absorbs lasers?
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

L4m3r wrote:There is already a counterflag for laser: Cloaking. Cloaked tanks cannot be killed by a laser. :wink: use that instead.
Now absorbing lasers? It wouldn't have much use on a non-laser map. Not to mention that not many people would care to get it, since it is virtually useless if no one is shooting a laser at you.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

A Timelord wrote:thats to powerfull you could kill the guy by reflecting it at him. how bout a flag that absorbs lasers?
That would effectively be the same as Cloak.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Here's an idea for the absorbing flag: Any shots that hit your tank when you have the flag are automatically absorbed, except for SWs, GMs, and PZ bullets. When you fire, all of your shots are unleashed in the order you absorbed them. If you don't have any absorbed shots, you can't shoot.

Hopefully this wouldn't be too complex.
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Enigma »

I think BZFlag has enough flags already.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

dartman wrote:Here's an idea for the absorbing flag: Any shots that hit your tank when you have the flag are automatically absorbed, except for SWs, GMs, and PZ bullets. When you fire, all of your shots are unleashed in the order you absorbed them. If you don't have any absorbed shots, you can't shoot.

Hopefully this wouldn't be too complex.
i believe this is both useful and not too powerful as you can only shoot what hits you
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.