Creating your own local server

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Creating your own local server

Post by Grace F »

When you create a server on BZFlag, how come you arent an Admin on it. I made a quick CTF 4 teams and added some bots so i could practice my dodging skills, but i thought i would've been an Admin since i was hosting it and all. Do i have to set a grouplist with a password or something behind it? Im talking about 1 I made in the Join Game Screen with a randomly selected map.
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

you have to set a password in the conf file if you run through bzfs, don't think there is a password for those random games you can make...
MONKEYPANTS.COM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

non public servers don't use global login, so they don't know who you are.

Yes you have to specify the -password to get admin permisions if you want to use the /password command. Or you can define a groups file, and make the server public but advertised to nobody, so you can get global admin. but that means you'd have to open the ports to make it public to anyone who knew the address.
ImageJeffM
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Just a side note, if you start a proper server with bzfs, you would need to set your password with -passwd - I believe that is the correct spelling.
You would then "log in" as the server owner with /password as stated above.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Oh kkie thanx guys. I asked this because i wanted to have a little play around with "/set" :P

I'll keep trying to set up my server in that case.