Should we renew the htfleague domain?

Discussions about the various leagues
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Wow, cool, thx to both Destroyer and CBG. I'll pull together the maps and configurations that I had from last year tonight and try and send something to you soon.
Destroyer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Destroyer »

ok :)
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

/me cheers for lil doggie =)

HIX HTF! yay =D

old old HTF league site:

www.ist-htf.blogspot.com =P
Destroyer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Destroyer »

:) i need the htf plugin for HTF :P
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Here's a generic Ducati style configuration file. Please note that you'll need to tweak it for your own purposes before you use it to host a server. You can, of course, make -world point to any other map that you want.

Some thoughts on serving HTF:

I'm not sure whether or not you want to make this a public server or not. I tried making an open server at one time, and ended up explaining what the heck HTF is, a million times. At least half the time, the guy who had just asked said something like, "well, that's stoopid" and left. Perhaps a good helpfile that can be sent with /sendhelp would take care of that to an extent. The PlanetMofo crew had an HTF server up for a while, and it seemed to work. Maybe they'd have some advice on how to do this too. The -advertise LONGHAIR.LEAGUE etc line causes the server to appear in the main list only to a group of people that I made up via this forum. There's a request groups thread around here somewhere if you want to make your own groups.

I'm not sure what the status of the HTF plugin is on stock installations, since I pretty much always compile and install BZFlag from source code. Does anyone know if these plugins come from your package manager enabled? When you're compiling from source code, make sure that your ./configure step looks like this:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-shared
If you're reading through the conf file, you'll also see that I enabled the Timelimit plugin. This does NOT come with the CVS checkout of BZFlag, so you'll have to get it from its thread in this forum which you can find here: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t ... =timelimit I simply unzipped it onto the plugins directory in my CVS checkout and manually compiled it from there. This plugin is quite handy for those people who can stop in for a few minutes and play, but can't commit to the full 1/2 hour.
Attachments
genericHTFducati.conf.txt
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 189 times