Best Flag At MOFO

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Best Flag At MOFO

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

What do you think the best flag at Mofo FFA is?
I think SW. I camp in the top level of the building in the middle, and when anyone comes near, I SW them!
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

OO- You can go go inside the buildings and shoot. Good job Planet Mofo Team!!! Btw, shouldnt this go in the Planet Mofo spot??
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

"the Planet Mofo spot" ?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

the board cbg...
MONKEYPANTS.COM
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

My favy flag is GM, i camp on the very top part of which ever corner is closest. (atop the blue part)

Although, i dont always get time to get up there :P
Last edited by Grace F on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
lodxcol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lodxcol »

Laser, by far. If you're skilled enough, you can get a number of kills in no time at all. There's also a laser ricochet trick, that gets just about the entire board. That, combined with sitting in the corner sniping, equals lots of kills, fast.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Sir_Pants wrote:the board cbg...
We do not have a public board, and haven't for some time.
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

While L, SW, and GM are great camping flags, I tend to like BU the best. As long as you keep an eye out for Thiefs, High Speed, and Agility you're pretty safe. Plus, it's cool to see the crisscrossing laser above you when someone gets the rico shot.
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by that exploding tank »

Yeah, the BU settings concerning speed and turn radius make BU unstoppable except for TH or V (or GM if your unlucky). You can easily avoid the tanks with these flags, and blow up all the rest. BU is the only way I can make any kills on Mofo... :P
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

if you're good you can easily stop a BU with a stealth flag.

Once I had stealth and noticed a burrowed tank being chased by a thief. they were running in cricles- into the tunnel in the middle, around the corner, and out again. I snuck in and waited around the corner. the BU came running in and got squished when it ran into me, and I shot the thief in the face as it came tearing around the corner. it was great- the three of us had a good laugh. :lol:
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

pwn1ng more n00bz by 9AM...
...This has been a recording.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

My personal favorite is the GM, especially when I'm raining down the pain from on top of the corners.

Thats not to forget Geno. ESPECIALLY when teh server is good and full, with lots and lots of rogues. I hate rogues. I hate having team mates and try to be on whatever team has the least people on, but I hate rogues even more. I don't know why. But I do loves me some repeated roguegeno kills.

But for informational purposes, the flag scheme at Planet MoFo is one Geno, one of each bad flag, and three of everything else. I know people sometimes think there are more bad flags than anything else, but I find this is a nice balance... for what I'm going for, anyway. We're blatantly wanting and having a higher powered, faster moving, more intense game. At Planet MoFo, you will always have at LEAST one of everything there waiting to be found. Come 2.2, we will have three of those Low Gravity flags, and we'll have any other flag they add, too. But we work hard and have put a lot into what we have going on. And we do it because its what we play, and we make it the way we want and like it. That Passion is truly ours.

I'm hoping one day the Passion of the Flag Capture picks back up and people start laser sniping across the map with laser (and maybe even TH) through the new, diagonal cake tunnel.

I'd LIKE to try to talk Spazzy into "fixing" the map as far as the inside of the cake, cleaning up the ceiling, walls, and floor... as well as maybe set it up so we got a place to put funny or custom images. Like, where the exit sign is now will be good spots for 4 different silly images. Or, maybe we might change out the FFA logo and put up an important notice. (thats assuming we have a notice important enough to warrant the trouble)

Thanks for the "fan thread" - I like to think that Planet MoFo prides itself on its sense of community. Suggestions and comments are welcome.
...This has been a recording.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Gm is the most fun, but burrow is the best flag. Burrow both turns a little faster, and moves a little faster than normal tanks.

Darth Vader is right, we worked hard to make settings where the flags are more powerful than default settings, and still balanced.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
.Zero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by .Zero »

As far as the best flag, I'd say laser or shockwave, but my best flag there is MG or Tiny. For both of them, I can usually get off 7 or 8 kills before I get shot. For me, Tiny's better when there are more people around, since it's easier to escape if I get in too deep, and MG when there's less.

Conversely, I'm horrid at laser and burrow, so I tend to drop those for all you other folks to hoard :P
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

Well, you'd be amazed how powerful T is. I get as many kill runs on that as with BU.

I don't like L very much, because no matter how good you are, the right flag can take you right out. With T or V, nothing but your own skill determines how long you live.

BU is nice, but I like the warm fuzzy I get from beating down everything with nothing but a defensive flag. BU makes me feel like I'm in God Mode or something.
Save the trees, wipe your butt with an owl.
If catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Proud member of the Mofo Cabal<br>
<br>
OK thats ENUTH OUTA YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - smartkid