gathering server statistics

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
papercut
Private First Class
Private First Class

gathering server statistics

Post by papercut »

Is it possible to track statistics for certain games automagically?

I run a server that some friends and I play on once in a while and we do have matches for bragging rights from time to time. I'd like to be able to automatically keep track of things like kills, flag captures, etc. and post them to a text file or web page.

Is this something I should be digging through a FAQ for somewhere? :D

Thanks!
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

I suppose you could always use a plugin to log team/player scores at the end of a match.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
papercut
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by papercut »

killStats may be just what I'm looking for. Now to figure out how to get it working.

Thanks guys!
papercut
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by papercut »

I don't get any errors loading the plugin, but I'm unable to find any documentation on it. Has anyone successfully used it? Am I looking in the wrong places for documentation?

Thanks!
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

papercut wrote:killStats may be just what I'm looking for. Now to figure out how to get it working.

Thanks guys!
papercut wrote:I don't get any errors loading the plugin, but I'm unable to find any documentation on it. Has anyone successfully used it? Am I looking in the wrong places for documentation?

Thanks!
killStats just tracks kills. That's all it does. It doesn't report statistics or skill level or anything like that. Anyways, it reports to Theme97's kills site.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

You can try bzfquery.pl in the bzflag/misc dir if you have the source. I have modified my copy to display each players score, wins, losses, and strength index. Seems to work fine. You can modify the script to display the info you want or write it to a file.
papercut
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by papercut »

I'll give the bzfquery.pl script. I thought that killStats reported to his site, but I never saw anything pop up whenever someone managed a kill.

Thanks again for the help!
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

A Meteorite wrote:
papercut wrote:killStats may be just what I'm looking for. Now to figure out how to get it working.

Thanks guys!
papercut wrote:I don't get any errors loading the plugin, but I'm unable to find any documentation on it. Has anyone successfully used it? Am I looking in the wrong places for documentation?

Thanks!
killStats just tracks kills. That's all it does. It doesn't report statistics or skill level or anything like that. Anyways, it reports to Theme97's kills site.
I would have thought that "Kills" are all that happen in bzflag worth recording.
With what other data would "skill levels" be determined?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007