BZFX Joins Forces with Planet MoFo and Norang

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFX Joins Forces with Planet MoFo and Norang

Post by A Meteorite »

BZFX is proud to announce we have joined forces with Planet MoFo and Norang. We've been working at it months, and now it's ready to make the transition. We've essentially combined our resources to bring the best to the BZFlag server world to further enhance our players' experience.

Starting today, we will start to confine the Planet MoFo and Norang servers to a US and Europe box. We will also market them under the unified BZFX brand exclusively and offer different substyles (ie, MoFo style and Lasermana style). Our goal is to minimize confusion people face when they choose a server, and offering it fully integrated accomplishes exactly that.

What's the future, you may ask? A heck of a lot! We plan to offer the next-generation online administration and statistics by the end of this year. The online interface will allow to watch players online in real-time, listen to chat, perform administration functions, view statistical analysis on players, and much much more. A second goal of ours is to buy the smaller servers out. We want BZFX to offer the best in maps and gameplay and we'll do whatever necessary offer that. To finance all this, we're planning to launch a private fiber network by the start of 2008 as to minimize latency for our paying players.

Together, we can create something amazing. Together, we are creating BZFX: the future of BZFlag servers.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Optic-Delusion

Post by Optic-Delusion »

I've been waiting for this day.

Let's make it great!
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Yes, it's a big piece of work. Also know that, as part of the agreement for joining forces, effective immediately there is no language filtering on the new BZFX. Say whatever you want!

If you wish to keep the language family-friendly, please configure client-side filtering.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Optic-Delusion wrote:I've been waiting for this day.
Not the day per se, but the story, yes.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

It's awesome that you guys have joined forces with MoFo and Norang - I (and others im sure) look forward with great anticipation towards the future!

Good job guys :)
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I must say what a great privilege it is to be a part of this. As a long time admin on the mofo servers and also a mofo hoster myself, I've been involved with the merge from the start.

One key point that I don't think was put across clearly is that the new BZFX will be promoting complete freedom.
This means: say what you like and do what you like.
There will be no swear filter, admin-asking is allowed. We'll make anyone who asks for it a full admin.
We will also be allowing your cheat clients.

I just hope everyone else can get as excited about this as we all are.
Everyone involved has had ants in their pants for the last month or so.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

This must be one of the best choices you have made Met. I hope this works out fine and doesnt go to waste :)
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

CannonBallGuy wrote: One key point that I don't think was put across clearly is that the new BZFX will be promoting complete freedom.
There will be no swear filter, admin-asking is allowed. We'll make anyone who asks for it a full admin.
I can see how this is gonna turn out...

Are you saying there's gonna be cussing and cheating on norang? no thumper or donny would not allow that.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

There will remain a few separate norang servers because of Thumper's feelings on this.
However, the majority will simply become one of the new BZFX servers where anything goes.
I hope you'll enjoy many hours playing there.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

nice try. 8) last year's banned cheaters stuff was better but this isn't bad either.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

As a person who has worked many hours during this transition period, I'm a very glad it has come to fruition.

The hacker known as "SATAN" has been tracked down. We plan on making him coowner of the new BZFX along with Darth, Met, and Thumper. His work is impressive, and permitted under our new ruleset.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

odd... last time bzfx was hosted by mofo there was no swearing permited... and also bzfx already has a host and is up at bzfx.servegame.org... hmm?

PS: I just love how you spelled favorite wrong...
PPS: I also love how you made a server and filled it to the brim with bots so no one could get on... hilarious...
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

It seems cool but, wait a minute. Paying for BZFlag? Cheating allowed? Being admin by asking?
/me looks at the date of the posts and asks ?April fool?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

...Now I have a place to use my cheat client other then GU, thanks BZFX!

Yeah, right...
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Haha! Great! I always wanted a bzdictatorship. :roll:
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

CannonBallGuy wrote:One key point that I don't think was put across clearly is that the new BZFX will be promoting complete freedom.
I can see how this will turn out...I hope your kidding - because I don't find it funny.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Grace F, I totally agree, your just gonna have to admin on my upcoming server. ;)

I agree with Win XP though
the_j0k3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the_j0k3r »

lol, the devs april fools joke was definitely better.
it helps when you have access to change the site, for example the banned message on last years, or this years changed to www.bzflag.org

cheating, swearing allowed on mets servers? i think not :)

but still its a funny concept in itself, bzfx using the power of money and low-lag servers in order to completely control all of bzflag. teeheehee.

i could go on an on about how many flaws there are in the idea of the whole thing being with cheat server, etc.
but i think that the general idea of what i would say need not be said
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

it was still very irritating :P
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

*phew*
This is just a joke! I knew there was something wrong with this all - especially after being fooled already! :oops:
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

It was a good begining but the 6th post was clearly showing it was an April fool.