Hydrolysis by Maxwells Silver Hammer

User made maps to use on servers.
maxwells silver hammer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hydrolysis by Maxwells Silver Hammer

Post by maxwells silver hammer »

Its like the frankenstein's monster of my boredom that came out suprising well i think.i know the middle is crowded but i think it should flow pretty well and thats why the top and outer edge is deliberately pretty empty for more open play. the links and everything should work too. i'm totally open to suggestions though so tell me if you think anything should be tweaked or just totally revamped.
Attachments
hydrolysis.bzw
.bzw file
(26.01 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
hydrolysis notepad.txt
text file
(26.01 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
blowing up tanks desensitizes me to violence
Morfeusz_pl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Morfeusz_pl »

Nice map! 8)
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

wow that awesome keep up the good work
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Can someone post a screenshot please :)
maxwells silver hammer
Private First Class
Private First Class

i took a few screenshots but for some reason its not letting me attach them so i'll do that once its fixed or something.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

K thanx :)
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Here is a screenie of this complicated map
Attachments
Picture-1-10-10-29.jpg
(115.55 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Cobra »

Whoa! Very complicated. Amost too complicated. Doesn't look that playable since you don't realy get a sense of where you are. Plus you couldn't really tell where you are according to the radar since there are so many levels. But, good job on thinking the design up. It's like a peice of art, but not that much playable.
Cop@R3lax
Trusted@Viper
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Red Cobra wrote:Whoa! Very complicated. Amost too complicated. Doesn't look that playable since you don't realy get a sense of where you are. Plus you couldn't really tell where you are according to the radar since there are so many levels. But, good job on thinking the design up. It's like a peice of art, but not that much playable.
Possibly so, but personally I think that remains to be seen. Might turn out to be a lot of fun... definitely worth a try, I think.
maxwells silver hammer
Private First Class
Private First Class

ok well every time i save a screenshot, it gets saved as a bitmap file and i can't get it on here, so if anyone has any thoughts on how to fix that that would be great.
so yeah, i know it's rly complicated, and i was kind of worried about that as i made it, because i basically just did it from the middle and worked out. but i think you'll find that the way its been made, it should actually turn out to be very playable. the jumping heights have been worked out so that should be fine.
and if you look closely theres really only like 2 levels. theres the open top and then the ground with some parts raised up that you can get to, everything else is either too big to play on or is designed as ways to get from bottom to top. i was worried however about steps and stuff interrupting gameplay so thats why the teleporters are there. if anyone thinks it would be a better idea to put in more tps i could maybe work that out.
maxwells silver hammer
Private First Class
Private First Class

also does anyone think maybe this would be better as a ctf map? 4 teams would be a bad idea i think but maybe like one red base in the middle and 4 blue bases on the sides or something. i just feel like maps like that never really work out.
i think i'd probably prefer it as ffa, but i think its going to have to be play tested and just see how it goes. if anyone interested in running something like that that'd be really cool.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I think it's better iff a FFA. Though you should also change it every once and a while to a CTF just to see if it gets any hits.

I don't know why it's not letting you upload a bitmap image, im pretty sure I've uploaded 1 before. Anyway 1 way around is to save your screenshots and then upload it at a place like ImageShack - after the upload completes it spits out different URL's.

I don't think it's too complicated. I do however think it may get cramped - but that IMHO would make it more fun :)

Awesome Job!
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You should be able to convert your bitmaps to nicer files anyway, such as gifs or pngs... Try MS Paint - it has to be good for something.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
maxwells silver hammer
Private First Class
Private First Class

screenshots-hydrolysis

fianlly i figured out the fine art of screenshots. check em out, i dunno if the angles are the best since its hard to show the complexities and inner workings of the whole center bit, but i hope you get the idea.

screenie 1:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9850/hydosstf9.png

screenie 2:
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2173/hydross2er0.png

screenie 3:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9425/hydross3wd4.png

oh and thanks grace for telling me about imageshack, very helpful.
halo3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by halo3 »

holy crap dude nice map
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Constitution wrote:
Red Cobra wrote:Whoa! Very complicated. Amost too complicated. Doesn't look that playable since you don't realy get a sense of where you are. Plus you couldn't really tell where you are according to the radar since there are so many levels. But, good job on thinking the design up. It's like a peice of art, but not that much playable.
Possibly so, but personally I think that remains to be seen. Might turn out to be a lot of fun... definitely worth a try, I think.
I agree with Constisution; Spiral Zones didnt look playible the first time i saw it. With WINGS this could be awesome.

(Hammer: I recomend hosting with tadd ;) )
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I recommend Tadd too :P Or anyone else as long as it's in the US :)
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I absolutely love the artistic qualities to this map. However, without playing it, it seems that the middle could be quite difficult to navigate if you haven't played bz a lot.

It looks good - I'm just curious as to playability in some areas.

Good job.
maxwells silver hammer
Private First Class
Private First Class

yeah i know what you mean, i did some play testing yesterday and i'm planning on doing some things to fix it up and maybe clear out the middle. like for example the tall sectioned pyramids on the outside are meant for climbing, but the platforms don't extend out far enough so it's ridiculously hard to climb them. I'm going to see what I can do about the middle, its just hard to take things out at this point without messing with the symmetry. we'll see.
tadd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

adding a jump-through floor

Post by tadd »

Maxwell....
If you have a place where you want tanks to be able to go vertical you can add a panel that is passthrough only from the bottom. If you stack a few of these together a tank can drive under the bottom one and jump several times to climb to great heights, without wings.

Attached are unix and dos versions of a bzworld fragment showing an jump-up-ladder example.

Tadd
Attachments
up_ladder.txt
dos version of the jump-up-ladder bzworld code
(6.34 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
up_ladder_unix.txt
unix text version of the jump-up-ladder bzword fragment
(6.12 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 800 character limit
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

tadd
whats the difference between the two files?
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: adding a jump-through floor

Post by meeba »

tadd wrote:Maxwell....
If you have a place where you want tanks to be able to go vertical you can add a panel that is passthrough only from the bottom. If you stack a few of these together a tank can drive under the bottom one and jump several times to climb to great heights, without wings.

Attached are unix and dos versions of a bzworld fragment showing an jump-up-ladder example.

Tadd
Another way to do this would be two passthrough-by-bottom panels, one on the bottom, one on the top, and use a physics driver to send a tank upwards.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

me1 wrote:tadd
whats the difference between the two files?
The type of line endings.

Windows and *nix uses different line endings. Google it.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
toms2005
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toms2005 »

beautiful map!! :shock: :shock: