Team Killer!!!

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
edward_the_vampire
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team Killer!!!

Post by edward_the_vampire »

Sure we've all team killed...cept me of course...*cough*

Well anyway, I was just wondering, how do you usually respond to a team kill? When you kill a teamy, do you just simply say 'sry?' what about when YOUR the one who was killed. Do you just go 'oh it's ok, np?' I know some people tend to freak out after a dealing with TKs. What about YOU?
Vampires will never hurt you....
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

I almost invariably say Sorry. When I get hit I usually say NP because I'm to lazy to say more. Unless it was my fault, in which case I say it was.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Mostly Harmless! wrote:I almost invariably say Sorry. When I get hit I usually say NP because I'm to lazy to say more. Unless it was my fault, in which case I say it was.
Same here. If a teammate in open ground runs into my shot several seconds after I shot it, I sometimes also encourage him/her to be a little more careful, but still take responsibility for it.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

If I tk someone I usualy say "My Fault" or something along the lines of "NUUUUUU" in horror! :P

But if someone tk's me I say "it happens", that way if I tk them back accidently I say "See :P" and it's not soo bad :)
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

I just say 'sry' if it was my fault but if get tked i do say 'np' and then think 'why did that person shoot when i was there'
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

If I get teamkilled, I usually say "no problemo" or if its repetitive, "oi!". :P

If I teamkill, I usually say "eeek! sorry".

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

If I get team killed I say "oy vey!" or "NP."

but if I do it I just say 'SOrry!" or "my bad"
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

I always say "sry", but if someone tks me and doesn't say sry, I don't usually say np back to them. (exception is on fast-paced servers, where I don't bother to think and I just say "np" right away.)

If I run right in front of somone like an idiot and then they shoot me, I say sry also. (I once had to convince a guy that it was actually my fault :lol-old: )
the obvious trap
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the obvious trap »

just remember not to shout TKER!!! at every person who gets a team kill (Unless of course they are repetitively TKing on purpose)

it gets annoying, and then nobody will like you
There are no answers here
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

i usually just say sry, or np, or whoops, thought i was a different color.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

1. If I get TKed by someone that I know is an established player, and thus I know it was an accident, I'd prefer he/she just play on. In the time it takes to type "sry" I'd rather have them respawning and backing me up. (especially on a CTF server). And when you see someone who's score is "85-11 [1]" you can pretty much trust they're not being silly or careless, so nothing need be said, for me.
  2. I have found that on most servers, if a newbie comes in and gets ONE TK, the shouts for a permanent ban come out immediately. That is nonsense, it takes more time for me as an admin to message the person, watch how they react, and decide what steps to take next... to coach, to kick, or to ban.

And don't tell people not to TK... if they are new, they have NO idea what you mean. It takes a second, but I say "Don't shoot at your teammates. You are blue, so you must only shoot at the red tanks, or you will be banned." Almost always, that sentence clears it up and I don't have to kick or ban.
  3. TKs are WAY too common on most BZ servers. They are inevitable on Pillbox. But on Boxy, many, many players seem to average about an 6:1 ratio of enemy kills to friendly. That is absolutely absurd. My goal on Boxy is to do better than 40:1 and I usually do. My goal on Lasermania is zero TKs, and I almost always do that. On missile war, I want to be at least 20:1 and on two tanks, about 40:1.

Yes, there are STs, yes there are ricos, yes there are urgent cap-saving shots, but if you feel like TKs are acceptable, then you play like they're acceptable, and that leads to sloppiness.
Retired Army--Proud to have served
Armored Cavalry Crewman, 1981-1984 (M60A5)
Infantry Officer & Paratrooper, 1984-1986
US Army Ranger & Sniper, 1986-1989 (LRSD)

Water Cooled 8-Core Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7GHz | Radeon RX590 GPU | 43" 4K Monitor
WarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WarPig »

i have 4 simple responses to team killing

1 - sry - if i accindentally hit a teammate.
2 - np - if sombody has accindentily team killed me
3 - my bad - if i drove into the path of a teammates bullet
4 - /kick - to a player who has teamkilled intentionally
Kesnar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kesnar »

I say sr when I kill and np when someone kill me
Axl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Axl »

I say "sorry" when I TK and "s'okay" if I get TKed, unless they're a repeat offender. Then I either ask them to be more careful or tell them not to shoot teammates. Then if they continue TKing, I break out the /kick :P
<center>Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaaaaay...<br><br><br>Proud member of the WMA<br><br>
Image</center>
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by goblin »

plokijuy wrote:I just say 'sry' if it was my fault but if get tked i do say 'np' and then think 'why did that person shoot when i was there'
Me too - just 'sry' and 'np'.

Sometimes other players get upset when I don't yell at deliberate team-killers. But that's just me - I think that deliberate team-killers just TK to get special attention, so that's what I don't give them.
Tank you!
nooch
Private
Private

tk'er on castle warfare

Post by nooch »

I was banned about 15 minutes ago for berating a player (munchies) who had been tk'ing for about 30 minutes in the castle warfare board. No admin was on and there was nothing being done. Tanner banned me for "insulting language" which is laughable.

So, what should one do if a player repeatedly keeps re-joining and team killing and doesn't stop?

Please, let me know.

nooch.
joevano
General
General

Re: tk'er on castle warfare

Post by joevano »

nooch wrote:I was banned about 15 minutes ago for berating a player (munchies) who had been tk'ing for about 30 minutes in the castle warfare board. No admin was on and there was nothing being done. Tanner banned me for "insulting language" which is laughable.

So, what should one do if a player repeatedly keeps re-joining and team killing and doesn't stop?

Please, let me know.

nooch.
You should read the board FAQs...

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=890
and
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=891

and not post this kind of stuff here. The forums are not related to any server, you need to take it up with the server owner and/or the person who banned you.
nooch
Private
Private

Post by nooch »

I've read the faqs and I still think the last part of my message is valid. What should one do when there isn't an admin around? I've visited the website that hosts the server (bzflag.norang.ca) and there are ZERO instructions for contacting anyone by email. The rules say contact an admin...

I guess the better question is...Is there anything to do while you're playing the game in this situation?? /kick needs admin access and I don't know how to start a vote to kick someone who is obviously just killing his own teammates?

Thanks,

nooch.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

nooch wrote:I've read the faqs and I still think the last part of my message is valid. What should one do when there isn't an admin around? I've visited the website that hosts the server (bzflag.norang.ca) and there are ZERO instructions for contacting anyone by email. The rules say contact an admin...

I guess the better question is...Is there anything to do while you're playing the game in this situation?? /kick needs admin access and I don't know how to start a vote to kick someone who is obviously just killing his own teammates?

Thanks,

nooch.
Well I guess you should read the PM I sent you right after I replied to your post. I am an owner of norang and responded to your inquiry. To read it click on "Private Messages". (second item on the menu bar)