What do you listen to while you're playing?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Axl
Private First Class
Private First Class

What do you listen to while you're playing?

Post by Axl »

We've established that a lot of people listen to music while playing bzflag... my question is, what do you listen to? Is one type of music better than another, as far as annihilating others goes? Share your thoughts.
<center>Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaaaaay...<br><br><br>Proud member of the WMA<br><br>
Image</center>
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

I listen to anything metal (except Nu metal) cos i hate that

Bands like DragonForce, Children of Bodom, Bring me the Horizon and stuff like that
WarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WarPig »

well...i rarley do listen to music whilst playing. simply because the sound on the game can help (incoming guided missiles) but i quite like my rock and heavy rock. but i strongly recommend DEATH METAL whilst playing. its gets you in the mood to KILL.
Axl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Axl »

accept. aerosmith. against me! alice cooper. anthrax. armored saint. axl rose. biohazard. black sabbath. black label society. blue öyster cult. bon jovi. bullet for my valentine. cinderella. the clash. corrosion of conformity. dangerous toys. danzig. def leppard. dethklok. dokken. dream theater. edguy. europe. exodus. faith no more. faster pussycat. firehouse. flotsam & jetsam. george lynch. glenn tipton. guns n' roses. gwar. hallow's eve. helloween. iron maiden. journey. judas priest. king diamond. kreator. maladaptive. manowar. megadeth. metallica. michael monroe. the misfits. mötley crüe. mötörhead. night ranger. nirvana. the offspring. overkill. pantera. pepper. pink floyd. prosthetic mind. python. queensrÿche. the ramones. ratt. red hot chili peppers. scissorfight. scorpions. sepultura. skid row. slaughter. slayer. smashing pumpkins. spinal tap. stone sour. sublime. suicidal tendencies. suspyre. the sword. ted nugent. tesla. testament. w.a.s.p. warrant. white lion. whitesnake. white zombie. and more.

I find that an awesome "killing" song is "Line 'Em Up" by Dangerous Toys :twisted:
<center>Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaaaaay...<br><br><br>Proud member of the WMA<br><br>
Image</center>
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

I've been into Bluegrass lately, but I can't recommend it to improve your game. I notice no difference. Of course, if you absolutely can't stand it, it will probably ruin it :)
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

I just listen to any thing , apart from R&B , and rap music , {skin crawls} :)
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Think_Different
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Think_Different »

mmm...seeing that i don't play much, when i DID play or sometimes play on lasermania, I'd usually listen to: Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and sometimes Kraftwerk. Its quit a combination.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Think_Different wrote:mmm...seeing that i don't play much, when i DID play or sometimes play on lasermania, I'd usually listen to: Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and sometimes Kraftwerk. Its quit a combination.
Ah! Another Kraftwerk fan!

I also recently discovered a group called Orbital to listen to while playing.

Most classic rock stuff is good too. Listening to music does seem to improve my game, I turn the sound effects down low so that I can still hear improtant stuff like GMs, but it doesn't interfere with the music.
lodxcol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lodxcol »

http://last.fm/user/llodxcoll :D

Last.fm is a site that tracks what you listen to in your music player with a plugin.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

I mostly listen to classic rock.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

marilyn manson, nine inch nails, G's 'n F'n R's.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

what i normally listen to. hard rock & heavy metal (mostly 80's), power metal, symphonic/progressive metal. music works both ways. it can work like caffeine, sharpening your senses, or it can distract you. if i start to suck badly, i switch it off. 8)
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Back in the day when I had music playing in the background. It would be things like Evanescence, Flyleaf, Seether, Nickelback, 30STM, 3 doors down, Panic at the Disco, Pete Murray, Hinder, James Blunt, Staind etc., etc., :P
Fant
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Fant »

mostly i don't listen to music while playing. but sometimes i listen to swiss hiphop or swiss rap (Brandhärd,Gleis 2,Bligg,Tumen,Sektion Kuchikäschtli,Gimma,Baze, etc...) while playing bz.
hophead
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hophead »

i have winamp almost constantly running in the background the whole day...
for games, i mostly listen to something like Bon Jovi or Papa Roach, it kinda helps me :)
insanity is the spice of life...
or was it cinnamon?
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

Green Manalishi wrote:what i normally listen to. hard rock & heavy metal (mostly 80's), power metal, symphonic/progressive metal. music works both ways. it can work like caffeine, sharpening your senses, or it can distract you. if i start to suck badly, i switch it off. 8)
Good choices of music there! (What i would say as really good)
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

plokijuy wrote:
Green Manalishi wrote:what i normally listen to. hard rock & heavy metal (mostly 80's), power metal, symphonic/progressive metal. music works both ways. it can work like caffeine, sharpening your senses, or it can distract you. if i start to suck badly, i switch it off. 8)
Good choices of music there! (What i would say as really good)
thanks. i thought the same about your post. i hate nu-metal too! axl's list isn't bad either btw. mine would be very similar.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

I like a variety; I keep my music tase open minded, but favourites include:

Porcupine Tree; Muse; Radiohead; Maroon 5; Cat Empire; Grunge - Soundgarden, Pearl Jam etc.; Some Jazz-Funk such as Dennis Chambers; more Porcupine Tree; Some Electronica and Drum & Bass such as Pendulum and Prodigy; and much more.
Last edited by Spazzy McGee on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I listen to music 99% of the time I spend at my iMac. My current playlist features a lot of Orson, Razorlight, a little The Fray and a touch of The Cars.
My most listened to music of all time include various tracks by The Kooks, Fall Out Boy, Will Smith, The Futureheads, etc.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
deafboy3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by deafboy3 »

Nothing, Nodda.......I do not play with sound at all. But if I did i guess it would be the classic rock of the 80's.

"What you don't hear will kill you!"
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

I listen to Grits, Toby Mac, Three 6 mafia sometimes... and whatever I can get in Songbird.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

lodxcol wrote:http://last.fm/user/llodxcoll :D

Last.fm is a site that tracks what you listen to in your music player with a plugin.
Speaking of, we have a BZFlag last.fm group:

http://www.last.fm/group/bzflag
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by H0ley »

I usually listen to elevator music... no kidding.

I told you I was hardcore.
/loves meteorite's mom
R3laX
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by R3laX »

I listen to:
Rap, Hip-Hop, House, Drum & Bass, Trance 8)
OG
Axl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Axl »

yes, it is defman :P
Image</center>