how did u find bz?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Geo Dude wrote:
Blazeing King wrote:i found it through A Heart Attack
is he ur buddy in reality?
He is.

I actually found it like no one else has mentioned. My Uncle. :) I have no clue how he knew about it, or if he plays at all, but i instantly got addicted. Stupid unlce's ;)

Oh, i should mention he is a big computer geek. Go figure
Cruel dog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cruel dog »

lol, heh, well, i dont remember if allready posted, well, Believe it or now, it was in computrer class.. .the teacher liked bzflag, we were making LANs in the class, and the winner was getting a bag of skittles xD... Sometimes the whole class was on bz, lol. IT was 1.0.x bz tho, then i heard bout 2.0.x, with a "wings" flag, and shooting PZ, i got all attracted... now that teacher is a director in my school, lol... guess what, the other day, i saw in the small crack of his door, his computer monitor... he was playing bz! :P Thanks to Mr. Lemieux!
Owner@ BZAddict.net
Admin @ bunch of servers
And much more!
"Even if I am named Cruel dog, I still am friendly! I just become Cruel with troublemakers! xD"
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

I found bz flag a year and a half ago , it was packaged with susie 10.0 it was bzf 2.02
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

Cruel dog wrote:lol, heh, well, i dont remember if allready posted, well, Believe it or now, it was in computrer class.. .the teacher liked bzflag, we were making LANs in the class, and the winner was getting a bag of skittles xD... Sometimes the whole class was on bz, lol. IT was 1.0.x bz tho, then i heard bout 2.0.x, with a "wings" flag, and shooting PZ, i got all attracted... now that teacher is a director in my school, lol... guess what, the other day, i saw in the small crack of his door, his computer monitor... he was playing bz! :P Thanks to Mr. Lemieux!
Coolest teacher ever!

I found BZflag from a friend who found it from his cousin who foud it from another friend who found... two years ago (2.0.2).
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

My Uncle told me about it, He's in the defence department and plays private matchs occasionaly, I always loved tank games, BZ is just perfect! :D
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I don't think I've written anything here so here it goes...

I saw BZFlag on YouTube :) Don't remember what i searched tho..
DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DoesMyBumLookBigInThis? »

My husband was just surfing the web , saw Sourceforge and just found Bzflag by accident as he was noseying around.

:D the rest is history!

We're both addicted!
The world is like a big blue orange.
??? Lauria
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ??? Lauria »

Through a Wikipedia chain starting from something about Homestar Runner, I think.

And yes, it's possible to get from anything to anything on Wikipedia, I haven't lost a "scavenger hunt" my sister sets me on yet!
Stop chewing that phonecord, young man!
halo3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by halo3 »

i found bz through one of my friends fathers his a big nerd lol
Axl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Axl »

TangenT wrote:I found bzflag on Sourceforge. I was browsing sf trying to find a game similar to that 3d game on old Mac computers called Spectre.

anyone remember it? that was a badass game.
oh man, I LOVE Spectre. I'm way better at that than BZ :lol-old:
<center>Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaaaaay...<br><br><br>Proud member of the WMA<br><br>
Image</center>
Axl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Axl »

oh right, to answer the question... I found it through my brother (jack) and dad (tadd) :)
<center>Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaaaaay...<br><br><br>Proud member of the WMA<br><br>
Image</center>
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Post by LouMan »

Like Red Baron, I was searching for a free Battle Zone (old arcade) type game and BZFlag showed up. I was hooked from day one; "Hi, my name is LouMan and I'm a BZFlag addict..."
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

i had just installed mandriva on my computer, used google to find some games for linux, and found bz on a list of first person shooters on wikipedia
CoL CLiNKeR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CoL CLiNKeR »

by a friend that found it by his dad on linux. he was looking for some games and he found Enemy Territory, BZ, and Foobillard i think but yea
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I found it in a large list of online games.
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

I searched for "Open Source Games" on Wikipedia. I saw the word "free" next to "BZFlag" and clicked on it. I think I was hoping for something like the 3D wireframe Tank game found on old Macs.

TangenT, was that called Spectre? I only remember tanks on a green and black grid.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Tedius wrote:I searched for "Open Source Games" on Wikipedia. I saw the word "free" next to "BZFlag" and clicked on it. I think I was hoping for something like the 3D wireframe Tank game found on old Macs.

TangenT, was that called Spectre? I only remember tanks on a green and black grid.
Yeah, that's Spectre.
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

I played it at The Boys and Girls Club 2years ago, and i got additcted since! :shock:
CloakerGirl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CloakerGirl »

I heard about it from my dad. He heard abut it from one of his friends. When my dad told me about it, I didn't think it sounded that interesting, so I didn't play it for a long time. But when my dad downloaded it onto his laptop and I saw my brothers playing it, I decided to give it a try. I loved it! But it took us quite a long time to figure out how to change the controls, and I was just lucky we first played it on a laptop!* But luckily for us, we figured out how to change them!

*If you have ever tried to play with the original controls on a PC, you will understand
Admin @ Inferno's Close Combat CTF

Every time you kill a teammate, a puppy dies.
Shooting Girl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Shooting Girl »

My dad told us about a game he used to play when he was a student. Then he looked it up on the internet and downloaded it... We were all addicted after two days. :wink:
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

??? Lauria wrote:Through a Wikipedia chain starting from something about Homestar Runner, I think.
How do you get from Homestar Runner (Love him) to BZFlag??? They're totaly unrelated!

I got addictid to BZ in the days of 1.10.8 from my friend (*Slam*, GeckoV1) who got it from his dad
Palomides
Private First Class
Private First Class

Once upon a time...

Post by Palomides »

Oooh man, back in high school. I really can't remember how I originally found it, as I lost interest after a month or so. Towards the end of last year, I rediscovered it (and I am inexplicably quite good, IMHO), and can't go a single day without playing. :P
Also, a longtime fan of Spectre.
Concept_01
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Concept_01 »

My father found the game and thought that my brother might like it. Now we are both addicted. He is younger than me, but he is better, and an admin now I think. :oops:
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

you all know i love bz and believe it or not my friend told me and his freinds and my friends and like 7 other people kept naging me to play cuz we all love computer games. so after like a week i tried it for 2 days and couldn't stop.
Toast!
Private
Private

Post by Toast! »

A friend showed it to me back a year or two ago. They've completely forgotten it... :roll: