turn on UDP

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
axes_of_weezles
Private
Private

UDP and Vista

Post by axes_of_weezles »

Boomer Sooner wrote:Anyone have any luck with this issue on a Vista machine? Thanks
After considerable wrangling, I found the culprit to be McAfee Security Center that was bundled with the new laptop I got. I turned it all off except for the A/V.

As soon as I uninstalled it, Bzflag started running with no UDP errors and the laptop started running as fast as I have seen it run.

Trying to exempt bzflag did not work under Mcafee.
Dark lord
Private
Private

Re: turn on UDP

Post by Dark lord »

Every time i try to log onto a server it says upgrade your client Bye have a nice day. What can i do? :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?:
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

uhmm.. upgrade your client? ;)

What version of the client are you using?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Dark lord wrote:Every time i try to log onto a server it says upgrade your client Bye have a nice day. What can i do? :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?:
donny_baker wrote:uhmm.. upgrade your client? ;)

What version of the client are you using?
BZFlag says to upgrade your client when it has UDP problems. It's a pretty bad error message considering the whole 2.0 line has UDP support.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Read the previous posts, this is most likely a router issue. The answers are there. http://www.portforward.com
Big Cheese
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Big Cheese »

This just started happening to me now, no one has messed with my router at all. Now as of yesterday and today it has somehow quit working. First on my laptop that has vista, now on my desktop with xp. It was all working fine the last couple weeks.

I've already checked my router, and my firewall/anti-virus is shut down with no luck.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Your ISP is probably having some routing issues, or is configuring some hardware.

Give it a week or so, and if you still have no UDP, try contacting them to see if they're having issues.
Big Cheese
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Big Cheese »

I do not believe it it my ISP due to friends with same ISP as me can get on perfectly fine. They are even close to me in location.
Big Cheese
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Big Cheese »

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled bzflag 2.0.8 and it works fine. So now im really confused. I guess i'll be useing 2.0.8 for awhile. :|