BZFlag cartoon.

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag cartoon.

Post by Peter »

Here is a BZFlag cartoon I made using stop-frame animation , this was made using `pivot` , it is a free stick-figure animation software.
Sorry about the quality of it , it was taken using a digital camera. If someone could tell me how to take footage of the actual computer that would be a great help.

The cartoon it's self is only 20 seconds long. It isn't supposed to be funny but is more there as a novelty of having a BZFlag cartoon , enjoy :).

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 7&hl=en-GB

I am in the process of making a longer better one.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Dude, it made me laugh already. I don't know exactly why. I especially liked the part where the tank jumped on the box, and then the other tanks jumped on the first one. Keep up the good work.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

A good program to use is 'Fraps'. Try downloading that a see how that goes.

and for the cartoon, I watched it with some friends and we laughed, only because we didn't know what was going on :P
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

or just save it as an animated gif in the save menu.
ImageJeffM
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Thanks guys(and grace) , I am gona do another one then , maby like a minuit long , sorry about the picture quality of it.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
halo3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by halo3 »

its alright peter i thought it was very good especial made on pivot stick animator good job. cant wait to see the new one :)
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

New cartoon!

I have finished making the second BZFlag cartoon(not that it's an official BZFlag) cartoon. I have put alot more effort into this one and I am pleased , I hope you are :) , The video of the cartoon isn't still the best, to say the least , but here you go , Enjoy!

Here it is....

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 1019228292

Note to all people watching it , there is no more `cartoon` after 55 seconds into the video , just the credits and the rest of the music.
Last edited by Peter on Tue May 08, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

You should have ended the clip, when you shot your last text. Then rest was just that song which IMO was kinda lame :P

That was quite better than your other 1 :) Keep up the good work PETEY
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Okay , was , the song "lame" ?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

lame and stolen. be careful where you get your music, so that you don't infringe on copyright.
ImageJeffM
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Stolen ? People use music on tracks like that all the time , it isn't infringeing on copyrights
because it isn't stolen or being made of any profit.

And as for the "lame" , that isn't even a proper word and I couldn't use a piece of music to suit everybody.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Okay sorry jeff you where right , i checked , i guess i should have checked before i opened my mouth , the new video (muted version) has replaced the other link.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

besides the copyright issue, certain music fits with video clips. You wouldn't put really slow, relaxing classical music to a really intense car chase scene, right?
I can't really judge, since I don't know the song you used, but just know that sometimes certain music fits with the clip, and you shouldn't just put the music on there because you like the song.

Yep.
BZFLAGDUDE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by BZFLAGDUDE »

hey nice job :D :D :D :D
be warned, I am watching your every move on BZFLAG!
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

haha, i enver thought sumthin so simple (and dont take this the wrong way) but badly done, cud make me laugh so much. legendry mate. keep up the good work :D see u possibly in a few minutes lol

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

i think the best part was when the tank was going down those inclines and it looked like it was stuck in the gap for a moment
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Thanks :) My favriot bit is when it rolls into the aquerium background. At that point I was struggling for ideas :)

I have decided to start work on another cartoon, it is be better and longer than the last one..........I hope :?