Advertisement for BZFlag!!!

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
Kesnar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Advertisement for BZFlag!!!

Post by Kesnar »

There is a guy named "physicmad" at youtube who post this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OaO2XrBsI .I watched it and I loved it.As the title,of the video,says I think that it could be an advertisement for BZFlag,do you?

Pleased watch it.

Thanx

P.S.:Is this guy named "physicmad" register at BZFlag forums?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

That is who123, he posted that here about half a year ago, I think...
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Yea that's a pretty old video. Even look at the scene where it showed Boxy :P
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Erm it says it wants to be the offcial advert , "advert" ? , an advert to be ran on the television would cost a few 1000$ , since there is no profit or money involved in the game there isn't gona be that kinda money spent on it , And if it means having it on the website (this one) then people already know about BZFlag if there on the website anyway........And if it means having it on other websites , that also costs money.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

PETER wrote:Erm it says it wants to be the offcial advert , "advert" ? , an advert to be ran on the television would cost a few 1000$ , since there is no profit or money involved in the game there isn't gona be that kinda money spent on it , And if it means having it on the website (this one) then people already know about BZFlag if there on the website anyway.And if it means having it on other websites , that also costs money.
I don't believe he meant "advertisement" in that fashion. Just maybe something to put on the main BZFlag web site, or something like that.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

PETER:

Since when did an 'advert' have to be a televisual media? Advertisements come in loads of forms - magazine spreads, mailing, website banners, television commercials, billboards & posters, radio, and loads more.

Just because it's a video doesn't mean it can't be shown as an advert in some form, for example as Constitution says, on a website - and youtube is probably the best place to start. Do you have any idea the traffic that site gets?

Your logic is flawed. You just seemed to see it as a chance to mouth off. This is both arrogant and obnoxious. Nobody appreciates it. You should be able to see that the reference to 'the official advert' is meant as a joke - the author of the video knows that this isn't something in any way expected to be ran as a real commercial.

This video is somebody exhibiting a bit of creativity - something which should be encouraged - and hey, the fact somebody other than the maker of the video thought to post about it here, it must be getting some kind of exposure.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

You just seemed to see it as a chance to mouth off. This is both arrogant and obnoxious.
#1 I find that abit offencive , I did NOT see it as an opertunity to "mouth off" , I was mearly pointing out that if it where to be advertised most forms of adverstisment cost money , I personaly don't think that people are gona start shedding out cash so that this advert can be advertised. This is neither as you put it , "obnoxious" , or "arogant" , neither of those words fit in with what I said.

#2 You obviosly knew that I was going to find that hurtful in some way and that isn't a very corpral thing to do.

Since when did an 'advert' have to be a televisual media?
, I specifically mentioned more than one form of advertisment.

and hey, the fact somebody other than the maker of the video thought to post about it here, it must be getting some kind of exposure.
, yes , it is getting "exposure" some people might even decide to start playing because of that , I am not saying that this video is bad or that it has not had much effort put into it , I was just looking on the not-so-pleasant side of reality.

I have seen this video about half a year ago I think , I do think it is very good.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

There is a non-existing disagreement here. Yes, the video is very good. Yes, there are other advertising methods besides television. No, it was probably not intended to be shown on television (nor could it be sustained financially). Let's take a deep breath and move on to something productive, eh? :-)
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Win: Are you sure on that name? :-P I could sware I saw someone else post it (forgot the name :roll: ) Anywho, that would be so cool to have as maybe a cover page to the official website. Maybe blow it up a little (without losing the quality) and black around the background. :)
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Ah, I see. Did he ever go by another name? Maybe Im just confused today :?
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
Kesnar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kesnar »

So this topic is a clone???
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Pretty much. :)
Macrosoft