Double Jump

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Double Jump

Post by Grace F »

Has this ever been suggested? It's a flag allowing you 1 extra jump.
I'll go into details about it if it hasn't already been talked about.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Wings would work.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

It would but with this you wouldn't be able to turn in the air or move around unless you turned on your initial jump. It would be hard to judge if your trying to jump onto an object, since there wouldn't be a way to speed up or slow down in mid air.

But hey, BZFlag in general was pretty hard when you first started out.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Might be usefull in a Hix server with flags, then you could use the flag to get ontop of the base, and or the other higher platforms with ease.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Yea, it can be very useful if you need to quickly escape.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

The exact same effect can be accomplished with the wings flag. Tinker with the appropriate server vars.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
.Zero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by .Zero »

I'd like to see a double jump option, not as a flag, but as a server option...
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

.Zero wrote:I'd like to see a double jump option, not as a flag, but as a server option...
agreed. You could use it like your Bullets on a server you can choose to have to bullets or 2, 1, or even 7, etc.... but we could have Double Jump as a server option but you could choose how many jump you can use. like you would bullets. then when you take a extra jump it re-loads.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Great... More servers I'd have to mentally block out in the server list.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Great... More servers I'd have to mentally block out in the server list.
ohhoohh mental laber....
Last edited by ducktape on Sat May 12, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Making my client invincible to all shots is fun... but for some reason that's not allowed.
Swearing at the kiddies on the family friendly server can be fun... again, people seem to frown upon that.

Merry Christmas!

BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Making my client invincible to all shots is fun... but for some reason that's not allowed.
Swearing at the kiddies on the family friendly server can be fun... again, people seem to frown upon that.
Invincibility isn't fun at all... Swearing at kiddies is just being mean, and I doubt you get any fun out of it at all.

Grace F
Thrusters is the flag name. It was also suggested to remove WG and add Thrusters (allows you to jump and move in air) and Gyroscope (allows you to turn)

Although I'm all for, server settings, WG, Thrusters, and Gyroscope.

I think all of that together would be cool, although the dev's think it's a little to much :|
.Zero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by .Zero »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Making my client invincible to all shots is fun... but for some reason that's not allowed.
It wouldn't be fun for long... If you're invincible, there's no challenge. No challenge = no fun
CannonBallGuy wrote:Swearing at the kiddies on the family friendly server can be fun... again, people seem to frown upon that.
That's not fun either. It's just mean. Trolls are usually the kind of people who take enjoyment from that kind of stuff.

I think that a double-jump could add a bit more control in the air and might be nice to implement server-side. I'm just worried that it's not that different from just lowering the gravity, which would make jumps higher/longer.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Come on guys. This isn't even that big of a deal. Why should a flag be made to give tanks the power to do something that is already feasible with the wings flag, and with more versatility. This is like taking away unlimited range for lasers, or making burrow slower. Both of which are available for change in the server variables. If you want to give the tank extra jumps, why can't that be the same way? There's no need for a new flag that will be just about useless and people will get bored with soon enough anway. In fact, I believe there should be no change at all.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

It doesn't have to be a flag, like already said, it should be made a server option.

I should have thought out my idea better :)
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

So you're saying that, as an option, tanks should be able to act like they have a two-jump wings? What would happen to the wings flags already on the map?

I never really liked double jump in any game. You jump, and in mid-air, you jump again? Isn't that against the laws of physics? I know I can't do that.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Grace F wrote:it should be made a server option.
It is, /set _jumpVelocity 38
Stij
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Stij »

....Did you just compare adding a double jump to swearing at children? >_>

Besides, last time I checked, games were about fun.
A Vicious Muffin wrote: I never really liked double jump in any game. You jump, and in mid-air, you jump again? Isn't that against the laws of physics? I know I can't do that.
Well, in real life tanks can't jump AT ALL. :P

Seriously though, this is a decent idea, but I'm pretty sure it can already be accomplished by tinkering with variables...
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Stij wrote:this is a decent idea, but I'm pretty sure it can already be accomplished by tinkering with variables...
How so?

and eww, this topic is nearly a month old.

Last Post (Before yours) - by Teppic: Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:37 pm