Host

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Host

Post by sniper1234 »

Would any1 like to host a server or two for me! I will make u admin and u can choose 4+ other ppl to be cpos or admins. I have two almost three maps! If you would like to host one then pm me and i will send u the map! :D
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

#1 wrong forum topic
#2 What you are describing is a `map` , not a "server"
#3 If someone is hosting it for you they can have as many admins as they like
and #4 when you do post it on the right forum , post atleast a screenie of it , otherwise people just wont bother.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

PETER wrote:#2 What you are describing is a `map` , not a "server"
Huh? How do you figure? he's asking someone to host a server- in this case an instance of bzfs, which is certainly closer to a server than a map...
PETER wrote:#4 when you do post it on the right forum , post atleast a screenie of it , otherwise people just wont bother.
This isn't a map release thread. It's a request for hosting.

Get off your high horse before you hit your head on a low bridge, please.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Sorry :( ,I didnt mean to sound arogant , sorry
also I though that he meant maps because he said "a server or two" ,
And it seemed like the main theme of the message was that he had made 2 "servers" (possibly they are maps) , sorry
I will try to sound less arogant I realy am sorry.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Sniper
Post some screenies of these maps so people can see what you have to offer :)

Also, if they were hosting it, they would have to make you an Admin...wouldn't they? :?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Grace F wrote:Also, if they were hosting it, they would have to make you an Admin...wouldn't they? :?
Nothing requires a person to do so. If a map is posted on the BZBB, it must under the GPL, MPL, a Creative Common, or BSD license. If posted on the BZBB, it can't have a string attached policy of "host it, but make me admin" sort of thing, as those licenses do not require it. Other distribution means are possible, but that's the rules when it comes to posting maps on the BZBB.

See: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10575
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

A Meteorite wrote:
Grace F wrote:Also, if they were hosting it, they would have to make you an Admin...wouldn't they? :?
Nothing requires a person to do so. If a map is posted on the BZBB, it must under the GPL, MPL, a Creative Common, or BSD license. If posted on the BZBB, it can't have a string attached policy of "host it, but make me admin" sort of thing, as those licenses do not require it. Other distribution means are possible, but that's the rules when it comes to posting maps on the BZBB.

See: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10575
No no that's not what I meant :P

I meant that the person hosting the server would be the 1 assigning cops/admins - Not the person who made the map. Yea?
sniper1234 wrote:I will make u admin
I was refering to that. He meant that if someone was to host his map, Sniper himself would make the hoster an Admin, but it doesn't work that way.... If Sniper was the 1 hosting it, then he would be the 1 to assign cops/admins but as he is asking someone else to host it. Such a thing isn't in his hands.

That's the point I was meant to get across :P
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

See http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=108677#108677 for a good hosting solution that's due out in a couple of weeks.
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

Oh ok, but I don't want to show the maps until some 1 pm's me because some1 stole my map before... Ok who ever hosts it will be the official admin! But shouldn't I be able to assign some ppl too! :oops:
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

sniper1234 wrote:Oh ok, but I don't want to show the maps until some 1 pm's me because some1 stole my map before...
That's what happens. There's always someone that will (if it's good enough) take your map and host it privately for like a group of friends or something. Posting a map at the Map Releases part of the forums is like saying "Here, take my map and do with it what you will" :)

I don't mind what people do with my map, only as long as I get credited as map maker. I don't ask for anything else. Seeing someone taking another persons map and changing name to say that they made it is very wrong.
sniper1234 wrote:But shouldn't I be able to assign some ppl too! :oops:
If the hoster is nice enough to, yes you could assign some people as Admins. Some hosters use only 2 GlobalGroups for all the maps they host.
Ex: X.Admin and X.Cop

So for whichever map they host, the helpers they have chosen are the same for every map.
If you would like to request someone to help look after your map, along with the hosters helpers, the only way is asking.