Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Off The Rails - beyond.infinity.bz:4884

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Off The Rails
beyond.infinity.bz:4884

Image Image

It's been a while - the last map I worked on was Normandy - but this is the beginnings of my latest map.

IMHO, it's not finished. The main reason for this post is to get some feedback - Bugs, suggestions, ideas all appreciated.

The basic idea is that it's between two platforms of a train station - red vs. blue. The flags available have been carefully selected, since it's such an open map. Shot limits on L and GM, and no SW or G. You can jump between platforms with TH, V or A. TH has a long range. You can BU between the tracks, and it's fast - normal tank speed.

You can spawn on the roof, on the platform, or by the track.

Now showing on beyond.infinity.bz:4884 !

[edit: new name!]

Have Fun!
Last edited by Spazzy McGee on Mon May 21, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

omg! this looks unbelievably good! I love it! love the detail, love the idea....just...well....LOVE IT :D

how large is the map roughly gonna be? are any trains gonna stop at the station :P? and wot flags will be available? also wot style will the map be in (ctf, rabbit hunt etc.)?

looks amazing

~Lt-Kirby2007~
:evil: Making the world of tomorrow, a deadlier place to live :evil:

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

I did think about passing trains - but I just can't be bothered with the headache of DrawInfo.

For flags and gameplay see first post - or see for yourself at the server.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

just another thing...i have a great idea for a server, but i lack the skill in creating it so i thought i could ask you to make it instead. I have talked to a few of my friends about this and they all agree it to be a really cool idea - although it is a very daughnting idea at that.

Ok here it is...ok imagine 2 houses, different sides of a road, and in each of the houses is a team. so basically a ctf style game, but in 2 houses accross the raod form eachother....a bit like 2 of Loumans Home Sweet Home, but 2 accross the street from eachother and ctf style instead. wot do u think? u willing to take up the idea?

Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

WOW , I'm impressed spazzy mcgee , very nice , looks like LouMans got some competition on his hands ,
Just an idea: You could make the rails a world weapon , and when you touch them , the tank blows up and the message is something to do with being electrified?
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

The overhead lines already do that - most trains, excluding underground trains, run on overhead lines rather than power via a third rail.
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

hahah legendry idea here that will quite blatently be too hard to do, but is worth a mention anyway....

how about a ticket officer for a world weapon lol. he cud walk around the platform(s). wud be so funny....but obviosuly very hard to do...if at all possible.

Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Ok, I was just on there and it looks killa! :D

My only suggestion is that it seems, small. In a sense that there isn't much place to drive. Perhaps make it possible to enter the buildings :P Hard work though.

Hehe Burrow is cool. With that you can own all the way up and down the track.

So can laser, laser ricos everywhere if you know where to shoot. Good thing the its limited to about 4/5 shots.

Nice Job Spazzy 8)

Lt-Kirby2007 wrote:imagine 2 houses, different sides of a road, and in each of the houses is a team. so basically a ctf style game, but in 2 houses accross the raod form eachother....a bit like 2 of Loumans Home Sweet Home, but 2 accross the street from eachother and ctf style instead. wot do u think? u willing to take up the idea?
I didn't quite understand what you mean. Do you mean for a total of 4 houses? 1 for red, blue, green and purple? What about Rogue? Will they spawn anywhere or won't there be rogue at all?

So, 2 on 1 side of the road and 2 on the other?

Sorry, please clarify if and where im wong.
Last edited by Grace F on Tue May 22, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

I think he's saying he wants louman to create two of his homes for him on either sides of the road for him with different teams so he can play on it.

If you want it to happen, learn up on it and make it.

Now back on topic....It looks great. Your The Train would fit in nicely with this setting. I assume you like trains? :wink:
wanda
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wanda »

Its real fun to read the different text on the overhead display and see the station clock moving.

Is it possible to get the clock in sync with real time?
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

No, I can't make it sync to real time - however on the next restart of the server, the hands run at the correct speeds (i.e. borrow the spin values louman used on Desktop).
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I don't know if this is only me but I get kicked off your server for moving to fast as soon as I picked up B.

Anyone else got that?
halo3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by halo3 »

very nice job on this map spazzy i was playing on it today btw peter a ww is like a shoot or an explosion of some sort u are thinking of a physics driver with the death message ;)
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

Lt-Kirby2007 wrote:just another thing...i have a great idea for a server, but i lack the skill in creating it so i thought i could ask you to make it instead. I have talked to a few of my friends about this and they all agree it to be a really cool idea - although it is a very daughnting idea at that.

Ok here it is...ok imagine 2 houses, different sides of a road, and in each of the houses is a team. so basically a ctf style game, but in 2 houses accross the raod form eachother....a bit like 2 of Loumans Home Sweet Home, but 2 accross the street from eachother and ctf style instead. wot do u think? u willing to take up the idea?

Nice idea- i like it. But heres an idea: make the houses complex and make the bases be inside them. That should be interesting. :twisted:
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

Grace F wrote:I don't know if this is only me but I get kicked off your server for moving to fast as soon as I picked up B.

Anyone else got that?
if you mean bu, it happend to me too.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

I thought fixed it earlier today - i'll have a look.

[edit: it was a variable problem - I just fixed it.]
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Post by LouMan »

Good work Spazzy! Very good texture mapping and obviously a good deal of thought when into gameplay, flag placement, etc. Keep it up.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

This is nice. I'm playing right now! You should put more blocks to get up to the platform in (stairs, anyone?).
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

have you taken up the idea i came up with on first testing of allowing tanks to go in the buildings? You could have them as a ticket hour and public toilets or something. Should be good :D

Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Lt-Kirby2007 wrote:have you taken up the idea i came up with on first testing of allowing tanks to go in the buildings? You could have them as a ticket hour and public toilets or something. Should be good :D
I honestly have no idea what you just said...Explanation please?
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Lt seems to have gone away for a while, I bet alot of you are happy :P So instead I'll answer your question.

What he means is: As there are are buildings on this map on either side of the track, wouldn't it be cool if you could go inside them. Perhaps make them public toilets or something.

That's what he meant :)

It would be good because it opens up the arena a bit more.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I say now and then, a "train" of bullets should shoot down the track. Look both ways... :twisted:
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.