Maps

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Master Kenobi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Maps

Post by Master Kenobi »

Its me again, I have a map on bzedit, but how do u make elevation? I also don't know how to make small openings in blocks (AKA Castle Warfare Gm holes), or putting flags in Places. Here is something else. Where do you put a file from bzedit, how do you get to the code part of it, and what kind of code you have to write and how to write it. Thanks everyone, I am a newbie at making maps, and I would appreciate it if you would help me. Thanks!
Star Wars Rocks your Socks, and so does Bzflag. :-{) (Mustache)

Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Maps

Post by Grace F »

Master Kenobi wrote:Its me again, I have a map on bzedit, but how do u make elevation?
Elevation? Elevation of what?
Master Kenobi wrote: I also don't know how to make small openings in blocks (AKA Castle Warfare Gm holes), or putting flags in Places.
You cant make small openings in BZEdit, you have to split it up into different parts. Lay the floor down first, then the roof, then the back and 2 side walls, leaving 1 wall missing. Now just put a wall from the bottom up till about 1/3 the way up. Do the same with the top and 2 sides. Thus leaving a square opening in the middle on 1 side of a box. Just mess around with it you'll get it.

As for adding flags in 'places' you need to add flag zones. But, looking at what you wrote before:
Master Kenobi wrote:Where do you put a file from bzedit, how do you get to the code part of it, and what kind of code you have to write and how to write it.
You don't know what a Configuration File is. Well here are some sites you must read:

The first website is Creating a Server - BZFlag Wiki
The second website is a Sample Config - BZFlag Wiki

GoodLuck :)
Master Kenobi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Master Kenobi »

Thanks Grace, I hope I do well, by the way, i mean elevation like having a block suspened in the sky. Thanks!
Star Wars Rocks your Socks, and so does Bzflag. :-{) (Mustache)

sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

U just change the z in location. Just try out some stuff it really helps!