12000!

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

12000!

Post by ducktape »

w00t! we now have 12000 registered players!
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

WOW , quite the bench mark for BZFlag , I bet only 400 of those are even slightly active :)
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Hmm 12000 registered users. More than half of them could've quit playing a long time ago :(

Imagine 12k people playing all at the same time. Amazing!
CoL CLiNKeR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CoL CLiNKeR »

wow we need to make a commercial about BZ to make more ppl play it :)
CoL CLiNKeR at your service
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You're talking of registered forum-members, not players. There will be a difference as many people have quit playing since joining the forums. On the other hand, many play un-registered. How it balances out is beyond me, but we have less than 12000 active players.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

We have alot less than 12k active players :P

If I were to estimate, I'd say I see about 100-200 different registered users in 1 week. Non-registered players is a little over that.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

While just flicking through the player list on got stats , I found someone had registerd 60 times , like this <name>_01 , <name_02> ect ect , why would anyone want to do that?
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

Grace F wrote:Hmm 12000 registered users. More than half of them could've quit playing a long time ago :(

Imagine 12k people playing all at the same time. Amazing!
All on one server :P lol
halo3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by halo3 »

PETER wrote:While just flicking through the player list on got stats , I found someone had registerd 60 times , like this <name>_01 , <name_02> ect ect , why would anyone want to do that?
well some ppl dont like their names and just keep re rejistering instead of changeing their names in their profiles
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

halo3 wrote:
PETER wrote:While just flicking through the player list on got stats , I found someone had registerd 60 times , like this <name>_01 , <name_02> ect ect
well some ppl dont like their names and just keep re rejistering instead of changeing their names in their profiles
I don't think it's that. If the person didn't like their name, they most probably would've changed the whole callsign rather than just the 2 numbers at the end.
PETER wrote:why would anyone want to do that?
It could be anything, with numerous reasons.
biggeruniverse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by biggeruniverse »

Like... a bot server!
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

Or some people might get banned and try to make a new callsign. But then they find out they are still banned. They try another few times until they give up and ask some1. Then they realize there computer is banned! That would be awesome 1200 ppl at once. (all the 200 servers will be filled with at least 20 poeple each, with some up to 40 players) :D
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

PETER wrote:While just flicking through the player list on got stats , I found someone had registerd 60 times , like this <name>_01 , <name_02> ect ect , why would anyone want to do that?
Names on the stats site does not indicated any form of registration here. It only means that someone was using those names on a game server.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

sniper1234 wrote:Or some people might get banned and try to make a new callsign. But then they find out they are still banned. They try another few times until they give up and ask some1. Then they realize there computer is banned! That would be awesome 1200 ppl at once. (all the 200 servers will be filled with at least 20 poeple each, with some up to 40 players) :D
200 servers, 20 players each -> 200*20 = 4000 players - not 1200.

The topic is titled 12000. 12000/200 = 60 players per server on average.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

T3hCrookedElf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: 12000!

Post by T3hCrookedElf »

ducktape wrote:w00t! we now have 12000 registered players!
Sorry. I had a really hard time deciding on a callsign.
Grace F wrote:If I were to estimate, I'd say I see about 100-200 different registered users in 1 week. Non-registered players is a little over that.
I think that's extremely conservative. Just take a look at stats.bzflag.org. Now, granted, there are tons of duplicates, bots, and bzadmin accounts, etc., but that's a really bloody big list.

I think that, the number of players may be closer to 500 or 600 including registered/non-registered per week. But I would be interested in seeing somebody who actually had player history (like the stats.bzflag.org) figuring it out.

elf
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 12000!

Post by Grace F »

T3hCrookedElf wrote:
ducktape wrote:w00t! we now have 12000 registered players!
Sorry. I had a really hard time deciding on a callsign.
Grace F wrote:If I were to estimate, I'd say I see about 100-200 different registered users in 1 week. Non-registered players is a little over that.
I think that's extremely conservative. Just take a look at stats.bzflag.org. Now, granted, there are tons of duplicates, bots, and bzadmin accounts, etc., but that's a really bloody big list.
I counted 71 - inc 1 of every bot. Like for instance, there are like 5 bots under the name 'view', I counted all of them as 1. Also, Cosmo that legendary player, is from what I can tell, almost always Observer and AFK. Or just Observing and doing something else.

So In about 1 week (changing my previous estimate), I see about 150 different registered players. I don't think im too far off, I don't think I am anyways :D
ludachris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ludachris »

halo3 wrote:
I can think of someone who changes his name too much. :P
Me... :shock:

~quailmuffin
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

I have 8 registered bots, so that's only 11992...
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Why would you register a bot? :?

Does it need to be registered in order for it to do whatever it is that it is needed to do? :P
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

If a server is using global groups, it's easier to register a bot here and add it to the global group, imho.

Merry Christmas!

Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

It's because my server was running registered only for a while.