Silvercat is Retired

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

Thank you for creating the server, it was the server that made me better, it is a shame that it is being put down. But thank you admins and cops for keeping the server alive for the time!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Ouch... that stinks. I would like to get a hold of the server setup and map with current settings, if that's somehow possible. Thank you, silverfox, for all the work, money, time, and effort you put in to this. This is one of the few servers I've had fun with since the Secretplace days. Other admins, has been fun working with you, and thanks for doing your jobs so well. You guys are a major part of what made silvercat enjoyable to play at.
sherman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sherman »

ducatiwannabe wrote:Ouch... that stinks. I would like to get a hold of the server setup and map with current settings, if that's somehow possible. Thank you, silverfox, for all the work, money, time, and effort you put in to this. This is one of the few servers I've had fun with since the Secretplace days. Other admins, has been fun working with you, and thanks for doing your jobs so well. You guys are a major part of what made silvercat enjoyable to play at.
I'd also like to contribute towards making another silvercat. Silverfox, thank you for having this great server as long as you did it was a great refuge from the 20 shot gigantic map servers with four players that seem to dominate the server listings.

Big thanks to all the admins.
nobody
kliksf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kliksf »

I've had some fun on other servers over the last few weeks but every single day I miss silvercat more and more. I miss the maps but more than that I miss the players and the good vibes I got from everybody. What's needed to get a server going? I've never even thought about that. From what I gather it's a lot of work, work I took for granted when others were doing it. Thanks for all that work Silverfox.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

kliksf wrote:I've had some fun on other servers over the last few weeks but every single day I miss silvercat more and more. I miss the maps but more than that I miss the players and the good vibes I got from everybody. What's needed to get a server going? I've never even thought about that. From what I gather it's a lot of work, work I took for granted when others were doing it. Thanks for all that work Silverfox.
I launched ShadowCat very soon after SilverCat retired... We are doing our best to recreate the same atmosphere, on the same maps with the same settings.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
SilverFox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Poke

Post by SilverFox »

CannonBallGuy wrote: Sure, because there are never any mofo servers high on the server list...
It's a moot point anyway - you'll soon see.
CannonBallGuy wrote: I launched ShadowCat very soon after SilverCat retired... We are doing our best to recreate the same atmosphere, on the same maps with the same settings.
How's that going?
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Poke

Post by Spazzy McGee »

SilverFox wrote:How's that going?
It's dead. It ran well for about 6 months, then CBG decided to move on from BZFlag.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Divibox now hosts a Silvercat-style rotation @ divi.fairserve.net:5154
Clove Hitch
Private
Private

Re: Silvercat is Retired

Post by Clove Hitch »

I've just comeback after a 3-4 year hiatus, and I'm sad that Overlord is gone. Babel too...I used to get slaughtered under the name glibego...goodbye to Natural Red Killer... Veteran of the Psychic Wars...
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I'll have Silvercat up as soon as jomojo sends me the files to bring it back to it's old self. Shouldn't take to long. Look for it at the end of the week.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Bambino wrote:I'll have Silvercat up as soon as jomojo sends me the files to bring it back to it's old self. Shouldn't take to long. Look for it at the end of the week.
Awesome to hear. It'll be interesting to see who/how many people come back/still play.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
jomojo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jomojo »

We're back up @ silvercat.bz - come check us out! Dedicated server, dedicated to serve the players!