Unfairly banned from viper

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Massive Head Wound Harry
Private
Private

Unfairly banned from viper

Post by Massive Head Wound Harry »

So D3ATH_SMUR4 intentionally tks me because I took "his" flag before he grabbed it. I complain to the only admin on at the time - aero and nothing gets done. So I return the favor and shoot D3ATH_SMUR4 and I get banned.

WTF?

Can another viper admin unban me ?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

PM the person who banned you, or the server admin. This is not the place for it. Generally admins stick together, so another one probably will not unban you with out talking to the one who banned you. If the first thought the offense was bad enough to ban for, another admin will not second guess them.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

aero is currently in bzadmin mode, which means he is not actually there. If someone is in bzadmin they will have "bzadmin" next to there name.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

There is no such thing as "bzadmin mode".
BZAdmin is a program - a non-graphical client, to put it simply.
Someone with bzadmin as their "email", assuming they didn't just type it in on a BZFlag client, shows they are using the text-based administration tool "BZAdmin".
It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually present at any specific time.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Massive Head Wound Harry
It would be nice if you had read the first thread at the top of the Server: General Discussion forum....
***IF YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM A SERVER READ THIS FIRST****
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

CannonBallGuy wrote:There is no such thing as "bzadmin mode".
Someone with bzadmin as their "email", assuming they didn't just type it in on a BZFlag client, shows they are using the text-based administration tool "BZAdmin".
It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually present at any specific time.
you can get to this on windows by: Start, BZFlag, BZAdmin then u have to type the server and port in.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

ducktape wrote:
you can get to this on windows by: Start, BZFlag, BZAdmin then u have to type the server and port in.
I wasn't aware someone had asked for instructions on how to run BZAdmin, but whatever.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

CannonBallGuy wrote:
ducktape wrote:
I wasn't aware someone had asked for instructions on how to run BZAdmin, but whatever.
saves his keyboard from a 50 character question by PETER
Manu
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Re: Unfairly banned from viper

Post by Manu »

Unfairly is from your point of view. This place is not to talk about kicks/bans/complains you can send a private message to 'aero' or another viper cop/admin. Your ban is 30 days and probably your mouth has something to do with it.
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

How are you unfairly banned, you team killed some1 on purpose (even though he team killed you gives you no right to team kill him)? You don't know he might have got banned too. If you get frustrated at him team killing you switch teams, change servers, or play later!
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

This issue has been resolved and should not have been posted here in the first place.

Closed.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.