Exporting .bzw files from the game?

General talk about the map making process.
Stij
Private First Class
Private First Class

Exporting .bzw files from the game?

Post by Stij »

This is probably a noobish question, but is there a command (or program) to export the .bzw file of the map you're currently playing to your computer? I'm trying to figure out map making and I figured a good place to start would be to look at other people's maps...

EDIT: nvm, found it.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

If you are a newb, it's probably better to make an old-style map made out of 1.10-style objects like boxes and pyramids. Don't try to jump straight into meshes until you have at least looked at the old style of maps.
Here is the old bzw manual page, and some other stuff.
http://cbg.bzflag.org/images/A-Delusion/manpages_old/
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Note that /saveworld is a terrible way to get readable map code. It annihilates comments, rearranges everything, and causes all sorts of other havoc.

If you want to look at (relatively) organized map code, it may be better to get map files directly from the map releases forum, or from server owners (if they oblige, of course).
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Stij
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Stij »

Ah, that would make sense. Thanks!
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

the way i save worlds is to open the menu (esc), goto options, and click the save world option
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Macrosoft wrote:the way i save worlds is to open the menu (esc), goto options, and click the save world option
That is pretty much the same as /saveworld and a bad idea for learning and modifying (as stated above).